Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing cow's milk

Options
  • 12-08-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone had any advise or would share their experience on how they introduced cow's milk to their little one. My little one is 12 months now and I know it's recommended that you introduce it around now but I'm not too sure how I should go about it.
    Any advise appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We just switched straight to cows milk each time... some people recommend mixing it slowing with formula, so replacing an ounce of forumla from a bottle every couple of days with an ounce of cows milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We replaced a few ounces with cows milk in one bottle and then the other - she was getting one morning and one at bedtime - and then switched over completely. No issues at all. Next time I think I'll just switch over without mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

We gave her cows milk in her porridge from 12 months but didn't want to change her from formula as her baby sis was about to arrive! Changed her at 16 months - all one day and we needn't have worried I don't think she noticed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Just swapped one cup of formula for cow's milk, then another one a week later and finally swapped the evening cup. Both of mine were well used to the taste of cow's milk from having it in their weetabix, potatoes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

We gave cows milk in porridge & on cereal from 6 months & as a drink from 12 months with no bad effects. She's still breastfed, but while I was at work etc, she'd get cows milk in a sippy cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Gave him cows milk in his cereal from 7 months - watched for a week and there were no affects. no history of allergies in our families. He is still taking formula milk twice a day and not taking cows milk as a drink just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

we are in the process of changing over at the mo. So the bottles are half formula half milk these days, he doesnt seem to mind. wont be buying another box of formula after this one runs out.

Advertisement