Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day - Line Up Revealed

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Emeli Sande @ Dakota was brilliant, she done an acoustic set earlier in the night. Great gig & great night:)

Bobby Womack was the business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

scudzilla wrote: »
    Whelans was muck, one of the only ticketed 'ROCK' venues without a rock act?? Some black dj guy came on at 7.30 and was doin all the HEY HOOOOO bollox, we then found out twas Emile Sande and The Script so we fcuked off,, left around 8 and they had a queue letting people in for free, was 2 in, 2 out, but plenty were leaving so i guess all got in.

Exactly!

A well known live rock venue where bands have dripped sweat onto the stage and for some reason it cost money to go in to see some girls in sparkly outfits and some guy making weird sounds.
    Surprised with the venue choice for it!

Left after that lad, didn't stick around to see who the second act was, nor did I care for the idea of The Script. Ewww!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm into Rock/Metal so the tat they had on in Whelans was not decent in my eyes, made me ears bleed
    oh right, i guess if you're so closed off to other musical genres, Arthurs Day really isn't the best place so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Exactly!

A well known live rock venue where bands have dripped sweat onto the stage and for some reason it cost money to go in to see some girls in sparkly outfits and some guy making weird sounds.
    Surprised with the venue choice for it!

Left after that lad, didn't stick around to see who the second act was, nor did I care for the idea of The Script. Ewww!
    "girls in sparkly outfits" and "guys making weird sounds" play there all the time, it's hardly a "rock" venue....

and last year they had Mumford & Sons and Amy McDonald there...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who was playing in Brogan's in Dublin tonight about 9pm?

Passed by in the car and they sounded great!

That would have been Clash Jam Wallop as far as I know, cracking cover band, always put on a great show.

https://www.facebook.com/clash.jamwallop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BeforetheGig

Wouldn't normally be a big fan of that type of music but taught Iggy, Petebox and The Script put on a good show in Whelans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

"girls in sparkly outfits" and "guys making weird sounds" play there all the time, it's hardly a "rock" venue....

and last year they had Mumford & Sons and Amy McDonald there...

And Ed Sheeran the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone know when/where we might get to see some of the coverage on TV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

So was Arthurs day a success or flop this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sasta le wrote: »
    So was Arthurs day a success or flop this year?

Yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement