Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day - Line Up Revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Ah lads, Biffy were fantastic in the O2, Be great to see them in a smaller venue. Hopefully it's Dublin somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

Can you buy a ticket that'll work in any of the headline venues? For example would love to see Biffy but no one knows where their playing???? Bit stupid just buying a random ticket and hope that's where they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You buy a ticket for a venue. Thats the way it worked in previous years.
    Last year they did tell you who was playing the venues before they went on sale I think?
    As in I knew who was playing the olympia before I bought tickets last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

See that makes sense. This is so stupid that their gonna release who's playing where on the night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i might try get a ticket to Whelans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

See that makes sense. This is so stupid that their gonna release who's playing where on the night

This is what makes it special.

Apart from the constant "Ewww... Guinness are promoting themselves. That's evil i'm not going to go to any of these gigs", the most annoying thing about Arthurs Day is people b*tching about not being able to buy tickets to a specific gig.

You can do that all year 'round! If you wanna see The Script, go see them on tour. James Vincent McMorrow? Go see him while he's on tour! They're doing something different.

For the record, Arthurs Day is one of the best marketing ploys that has ever existed! It's absolute genius and I hope the person who thought of it has a job for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Need to see biffy, where's best to gamble on? Supposing the tickets sell out quick.

Have to see either Biff of Kodaline. Gonna take a gamble on Whelans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Rob094 wrote: »
    Need to see biffy, where's best to gamble on? Supposing the tickets sell out quick.

Pretty tough to guess, but I'd go for them doing one of the bigger Dublin venues as well as a pub before/after.

The only venues with takes available on Ticketmaster for Dublin are Dakotas and Whelans. It's strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Would love to see Biffy again!!! Esp in a smaller venue :)

I can only assume Whelans? But then again, Kasabian ended up in The Church, so who knows :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lukichu123

Howaye?

Just wondering if anyone had any clue/ any educated guesses which act would be playing where!
    Not certain if there's a trend over the last couple of Arthurs' days where a certain type of act would play a certain pub or not..
    Would certainly make booking tickets easier if I had a clue where Biffy were playing!

any help would be great!
    Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's pure guesswork but once I don't have to endure the script in Whelans. The manics, ham sandwich, kodaline, JVM and BOUTS would be grand but Biffy are obviously the standout act IMO.

Hopefully they don't end up somewhere like Reardans or Nancy's only cattlemarts for the Saturday night folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Logged on at 9 for whelans tix -no joy:mad:

Wtf same with Dakota can't imagine it sold out in a minute :confused:

Been up since 8.30, trying since 9. No joy. Even at 20 seconds past 9 it was saying none available for whelans?!

Anyone get tickets? The other ones seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Logged on at 9 for whelans tix -joy :)

F5 button worn out.

Trying Dakota and Whelans since 9. No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got tickets for Whelans about 9:05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 briano13

No Way!! This can't be happening. Banging on at it since 9! Only Dublin ones not available. Have they already been doled out corporately or something? Anyone any ideas? Also do you have to keep entering in the stupid words each time you try?

I refreshed it since 9 this is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 5 briano13

I can still get them in Limerick and Belfast instantly...?

briano13 wrote: »
    No Way!! This can't be happening. Banging on at it since 9! Only Dublin ones not available. Have they already been doled out corporately or something? Anyone any ideas? Also do you have to keep entering in the stupid words each time you try?
    Irish_rat wrote: »
    I refreshed it since 9 this is a disgrace

It's a small venue with alot of people looking for tickets, not everybody is gonna be happy, obviously some people got there before ya.

There will be plenty of excellent free gigs around the city too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

briano13 wrote: »

Got mine at the very start. I checked again and there was nothing left. They do sometimes filter out a few more tickets but its small venues so id say theyre gone pretty sharpish. Im sure those corporate websites got their cut.

Hoping for the Valley Boys in Whelans now. Cant believe im even suggesting that.

obviously some people got there before ya

Obviously not when I selected the tickets before you

Obviously not when I selected the tickets before you

Same. I literally had everything filled out by 20 seconds past 9 and got nothing. Hope Biffy end up in Cork now to spite all of you.:pac:

Duff wrote: »
    Same. I literally had everythign filled out by 20 seconds past 9 and got nothing. Hope Biffy end up in Cork now to spite all of you.:pac:

Booked a few for the other venues myself. We shall see would be funny alright :D

Booked a few for the other venues myself. We shall see would be funny alright :D

Did the same just in case!

Can sell the others anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JimmerA1

Got two on the app on the phone, but had mates trying to get them on the computer at 9am, same story.

Advertisement