Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day - Line Up Revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is playing in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

rubadub wrote: »
    The date is always a thursday as said, I have seen guinness use it like a play on words -ArTHURSDAY. But also it is the perfect day marketing wise. They would not do friday or saturday as pubs would be busy anyways, thursday would probably be the day most publicans would choose to have it on, just like I expect most publicans would prefer if they were forced to close on easter monday, or the tuesday after easter sunday, rather than good friday, when they would be brimming.

OK, I'm getting slow with age but I never once made that connection :o
    Just as well I don't work in Marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

If anyone has spare tickets for Nancy's in Limerick give us a pm :) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got an email from the Guinness Storehouse yesterday about Arthurs Day.

It said Kodaline were in the Storehouse, I can only assume they're the headliners? Can't see any of the other bands being support to them anyway.

*fingers crossed* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Got an email from the Guinness Storehouse yesterday about Arthurs Day.

It said Kodaline were in the Storehouse, I can only assume they're the headliners? Can't see any of the other bands being support to them anyway.

*fingers crossed* ;)

Seems to be a separate thing. They're still going to be doing a pub gig later that day.

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/en/PressRelease.aspx?prid=60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cool, Kodaline in the guinness place, that means they won't be at Whelans, so hoping for Biffy Clyro and The Manics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Damnit lads come on we need names to go with places!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Damnit lads come on we need names to go with places!!

wont have names until the day before at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

scudzilla wrote: »
    Cool, Kodaline in the guinness place, that means they won't be at Whelans, so hoping for Biffy Clyro and The Manics

Would it be possible to get both?? :cool:

Really hoping The Script are put into Dakota!

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get both?? :cool:

Really hoping The Script are put into Dakota!
    Ahh you're going to Whelans aren't ya! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

Biffy in a recent interview said they are still unaware of where they are playing on Arthurs Day but did say they already played Dublin twice and are hoping for new surroundings. Bet it'll be Belfast but then again they have played there loads and in the past have spoking of cork very highly. This is killing me!! Absolutely stupid, terrible idea from the event organisers! This is gonna leave random people hoping they have that golden ticket to their favourite act. What idiot thought this would be a good idea? Imagine if who you are hoping to see isn't in the venue you bought? What a waste of time!

Imagine if who you are hoping to see isn't in the venue you bought? What a waste of time!

My hope, assuming we know artists/venues by the day before, is that I can swap my tickets for wherever Biffy are playing. Chances are someone decent will be playing in Belfast so there's bound to be fans of that band willing to swap.

That's the hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What on earth is a Snow Patrol DJ set :confused:, isn't Snow Patrol bad enough, the DJ set is headlining the Galway Arthurs Day.
    1235237_10151376465429364_234476748_n.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

peejay1986 wrote: »
    My hope, assuming we know artists/venues by the day before, is that I can swap my tickets for wherever Biffy are playing. Chances are someone decent will be playing in Belfast so there's bound to be fans of that band willing to swap.

That's the hope anyway.

Who have Belfast had in the past? I'd say it's highly likely Biffy or the Manics will be at Whelans, i'm hoping for both (Biffy opening then fcuking off to do a pub)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Who have Belfast had in the past? I'd say it's highly likely Biffy or the Manics will be at Whelans, i'm hoping for both (Biffy opening then fcuking off to do a pub)

They had Professor Green and Tinie Tempah last year who, whether you like them or not, were two of the bigger acts in that lineup.

It's hard to judge. It's true that Biffy have been to Dublin quite often, so they may be looking to play elsewhere, but that's the same with the majority of acts on the lineup. Biffy would be more suited to the pub venues than the likes of Kodaline or The Script (arguably even the Manics) so maybe that'll sway them away from Whelans.

Wherever they end up, I'm hoping it's an appealing act in Belfast so I have something to bargain with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Heard rumour of Biffy in Limerick ... am hoping for Janelle Monae!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Monae's tour dates say she's in Cork. might end up doing a smaller 2nd show somewhere else though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Galla73

Monae's tour dates say she's in Cork. might end up doing a smaller 2nd show somewhere else though....

Is the cat out of the bag?? Delighted if so

https://www.songkick.com/artists/1169427-janelle-monae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Galla73 wrote: »
    Is the cat out of the bag?? Delighted if so

https://www.songkick.com/artists/1169427-janelle-monae

Sh*t! Paid €40 on Donedeal for the Limerick tix too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Does anyone know where Emeli Sande is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

keith_d99 wrote: »

I hope so ... For Biffy! Wouldn't mind James Vincent McMorrow either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Once I know who's playing Cork will be offloading tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Biffy in a recent interview said they are still unaware of where they are playing on Arthurs Day but did say they already played Dublin twice and are hoping for new surroundings. Bet it'll be Belfast but then again they have played there loads and in the past have spoking of cork very highly. This is killing me!! Absolutely stupid, terrible idea from the event organisers! This is gonna leave random people hoping they have that golden ticket to their favourite act. What idiot thought this would be a good idea? Imagine if who you are hoping to see isn't in the venue you bought? What a waste of time!

Completely agree! Think they keep it ''secret'' in the hope of generating more hype but not sure it achieves anything if people find out a day or 2 before the gigs anyway! It's definitely annoying if you really want to catch a certain band alright but think the way it works is 5 of the headliners will play each pub so chances are there should hopefully be at least 1 act you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think I've got it wrong actually,tickets say doors are at 5 and acts from 6.30pm. Read it as 5 acts from 6.30pm. Really not with it this evening! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Eod100 wrote: »
    Completely agree! Think they keep it ''secret'' in the hope of generating more hype but not sure it achieves anything if people find out a day or 2 before the gigs anyway! It's definitely annoying if you really want to catch a certain band alright but think the way it works is 5 of the headliners will play each pub so chances are there should hopefully be at least 1 act you like!

5 headliners pay each pub?..
    Each pub gets one(2 at most) like last year and every other year Arthurs day has gone ahead...

This 'surprise' thing isn't a new idea can people stop complaining about not knowing who's playing where.. We're all int he same boat, we find out on the day, you buy a ticket and take your chances..

Thsi year si no different to any other

Someone mentioned last year that Kasabian were playing the church. I presume they were selling tickets for the Church? I can't imagine Kasabian were playing a bar that wasn't part of the ticketed pubs. I'm just chancing it and going to maybe the Merc or the Church or Button Factory etc. Academy maybe. There's way too many places to be able to guess where each band is playing but I'd imagine the bigger more known places would get the better bands? Hardly going to have Kasabian playing in the smallest pub in Dublin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AoifeMuse

I have a ticket for Dakota's, want to swap it for a ticket for Whelans
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Well, so far I've seen that The Hot Sprockets will be playing in The Stags head and 4Dame Lane and Bressie will be doing a DJ set in The Palace.

The Kapitals and Peter Byrne will also be playing in The Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Republic Of Loose (Acoustic set), Jerry Fish with guests Rarely Seen Above Ground and a O Emperor in the Merchantile

Advertisement