Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day - Line Up Revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Republic Of Loose (Acoustic set), Jerry Fish with guests Rarely Seen Above Ground and a O Emperor in the Merchantile

Where did ya find this out and any news on Whelans yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Someone mentioned last year that Kasabian were playing the church. I presume they were selling tickets for the Church? I can't imagine Kasabian were playing a bar that wasn't part of the ticketed pubs. I'm just chancing it and going to maybe the Merc or the Church or Button Factory etc. Academy maybe. There's way too many places to be able to guess where each band is playing but I'd imagine the bigger more known places would get the better bands? Hardly going to have Kasabian playing in the smallest pub in Dublin etc.

Kasabian played the Church for the very first Arthur's day

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/j2dMxOK8rRN/Gigs+Arthurs+Day+Guinness+250th+Anniversary/RzTdpi_b1oM/Tom+Meighan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Where did ya find this out and any news on Whelans yet?

On the Merchantile event page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Mighty Stef are playing Cafe En Seine

The Grand Social Line Up

◾Raglans, Shadows & Dust, Sample Answer and more live in The Loft from 6pm. Free admission.
    ◾Krystal Klear (Bedlam presents) Later in The Loft. 11.30pm. Tickets €12/10.
    ◾Domino w/ Phantom FM DJ Will St Leger in The Ballroom. 11pm. Free admission.
    ◾Bring Your Own Vinyl DJ’s. The Beer Garden. 6pm. Free admission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Seo Linn are playing in Dtwo on Harcourt Street

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thought there'd be more rumours by now.. Think Janelle Monae's playing Cork aswell afaik.

she's definitely playing Cork, it's on her website. Reardens according to Songkick. they had Fatboy Slim last year.

Biffy Clyro and Le Galaxie in the Limelight in Belfast apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Biffy will blow the roof off that place by now. Very jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Limelight? Would they not be in the venue that was on Ticketmaster - Lavery's?

shite, was hoping for Biffy & The Manics in Whelans, not gonna be a happy puppy if i end up wit the fcukin script :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ilikemoozic

shite, was hoping for Biffy & The Manics in Whelans, not gonna be a happy puppy if i end up wit the fcukin script :mad:

I'm dying to know who is playing Dakota, kodaline or the script is who im hoping for.

I'm dying to know who is playing Dakota, kodaline or the script is who im hoping for.

Won't be Kodaline, they're doing the storehouse and probably a free pub

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Won't be Kodaline, they're doing the storehouse and probably a free pub

AFAIK Kodaline are playing the storehouse at lunch time so they could also be playing one of the ticket venues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Now I feel like a sad panda :(

Ugh, imagine turning up to Whelans and getting Kodaline and The Script :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Script will be massive for Whelans, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where's Christy Moore on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Where's Christy Moore on?

Guinness Brewery I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Biffy are in Dublin at the moment

https://vine.co/v/hrxherLeaKO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Not sure what to do at the minute. Everything I'm hearing is that Biffy will be in Belfast, somewhere. I can get up by train, but I'd have no way home apart from a 4 hour bus at 10pm. Hmmm. Head is wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Phantom_Zone

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do at the minute. Everything I'm hearing is that Biffy will be in Belfast, somewhere. I can get up by train, but I'd have no way home apart from a 4 hour bus at 10pm. Hmmm. Head is wrecked.

Given they're headliners, if they are playing Belfast, they have to be playing in Laverys!

Best thing to do is just party on into Friday at which point its the weekend and you can go home on Sunday....another thing to think about - Its Freshers week at Queens...I'm sure you can find some free accomodation :D

eldest200 wrote:
    Just looked at their facebook page are they playing in Dublin instead?

They played at HMV earlier for Today FM....great acoustic set!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

They played at HMV earlier for Today FM....great acoustic set!

Wish I got a ticket for the belfast show (if they are defiantly playing there)

eldest200 wrote: »
    Wish I got a ticket for the belfast show (if they are defiantly playing there)

Aye well thats the problem...dear knows! There was a guy on Laverys Facebook page earlier selling a ticket...might be worth a look!

Aye well thats the problem...dear knows! There was a guy on Laverys Facebook page earlier selling a ticket...might be worth a look!

Are they playing there?

Are they playing there?

Anybody that knows isn't telling....yet...They're 'rumoured' to be playing Belfast but I guess that doesn't even guarantee it'll be Laverys...

Given its the only ticketed venue up north, you've got to assume they'll get a headliner!

Anybody that knows isn't telling....yet...They're 'rumoured' to be playing Belfast but I guess that doesn't even guarantee it'll be Laverys...

Given its the only ticketed venue up north, you've got to assume they'll get a headliner!

Should I give it a go?

• Advertisement

Should I give it a go?

If you can get a ticket for a decent price...why not! There are 2 for sale on Gumtree....last time I spoke with the seller she still had them...

Advertisement