Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day - Line Up Revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Eod100 wrote: »
    He tweeted ''Letter K'' earlier himself so seems to be true alright! Jealous of anyone who gets to see him, playing new material and all. Just thought cos he was a headliner he'd be playing in the ticketed venues.

He's playing at 7pm in Letterkenny, i reckon he could make it to Belfast afterwards, its closer than you'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Le Galaxie soundchecking in Laverys earlier:
    54a68d7626c811e3962a22000a1f930e_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Original rudeboys fek off if they are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fcuk this, in Whelan's, some black dude (DJ) on right now and me ears are bleeding, Emile someone on next then the script at 9.30. I'm goin somewhere else

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Fcuk this, in Whelan's, some black dude (DJ) on right now and me ears are bleeding, Emile someone on next then the script at 9.30. I'm goin somewhere else

Wouldnt mind seeing EMile Sande

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Thank god I didn't go to Whelans. What an absolute sickener to get that lineup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

The rude boys sound very annoying on the radio

Emile Sande was/is in Paddy Cullens

Hot Press

On stage at Dakota Bar it's Bobby Womack and band! Full Guinness Ireland Arthur's Day photo galleries on hotpress.com tomorrow... #ArthursDay2013

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Old Oak hinting Janelle Monae's playing there..

Janelle Monae on was Red FM earlier so must be playing Cork somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Played Old Oak earlier and playing Reardens shortly apparently..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Have already left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Footage on biffy Clyro twitter is that Belfast?? Who is playing Whelans?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Played Old Oak earlier and playing Reardens shortly apparently..

Anyone else playing in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else playing in Cork?

Kodaline playing Crane Lane atm, think someone called Daley played Reardans earlier. Dunno about anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,368 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can anyone tell me who was playing in Brogan's in Dublin tonight about 9pm?

Passed by in the car and they sounded great!

Diageo ye were f** king s** t for limerick ye pack of tossers yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

So...Biffy were incredible!...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So where were the manics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

So where were the manics?

galway sadly

BVHKH44CQAAspWD.jpg

Apart from Laverys, the ticketed venue's were a massive letdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mercantile had a great lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Phantom_Zone

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Apart from Laverys, the ticketed venue's were a massive letdown

Biffy and Le Galaxie were superb! Girl Band were just noise...everyone was standing around wondering when it would end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought the Dakota setup in Dublin was really bad... It was supposed to be a ticketed event but then they posted on their Facebook page that they were now admitting non ticketholders and a headline act (Emile Sande) was about to appear. Then the bar got mobbed as they let too many people in.

Sound quality was an issue also, it's small by music venue standards but judging from the speakers, you'd think they were playing Vicar Street. To quote an earlier poster, because of this, The Bouts were "just noise".

I know it's hard to complain after seeing Bobby Womack & Emile Sande with a 10e ticket but I don't understand why it was ticketed and then opened up to anyone when the headline act still hadn't appeared.
    Will have to be more choosy with Arthurs Day venues next time I think.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Whelans was muck, one of the only ticketed 'ROCK' venues without a rock act?? Some black dj guy came on at 7.30 and was doin all the HEY HOOOOO bollox, we then found out twas Emile Sande and The Script so we fcuked off,, left around 8 and they had a queue letting people in for free, was 2 in, 2 out, but plenty were leaving so i guess all got in.

Whelans was muck, one of the only ticketed 'ROCK' venues without a rock act?? Some black dj guy came on at 7.30 and was doin all the HEY HOOOOO bollox, we then found out twas Emile Sande and The Script so we fcuked off,, left around 8 and they had a queue letting people in for free, was 2 in, 2 out, but plenty were leaving so i guess all got in.

It wasn't Emile Sande in the end it was "Iggy Zalea"????? or somethnig

It wasn't Emile Sande in the end it was "Iggy Zalea"????? or somethnig

that's the one, same shit though, shows how much notice i took when i realised we had no decent acts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that's the one, same shit though, shows how much notice i took when i realised we had no decent acts
    how do you know they weren't decent if you didn't even know who they were? :confused:
    Iggy Azaelea and Emili Sande are pretty different btw... :rolleyes:

how do you know they weren't decent if you didn't even know who was playing? :rolleyes:

I'm into Rock/Metal so the tat they had on in Whelans was not decent in my eyes, made me ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bigbarginhunter

Emeli Sande @ Dakota was brilliant, she done an acoustic set earlier in the night. Great gig & great night:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm into Rock/Metal so the tat they had on in Whelans was not decent in my eyes, made me ears bleed

thankfully, we're all different , metal makes my ears sound distorted !

Advertisement