Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amphibian King, Ashtown

• 12-08-2013 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Been meaning to get out to the shop since it opened anyone been out there? (aside from Thirstywork of course:D)

Whats the stock like? Seen a fair few pictures of the shop but haven't heard too much else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

ecoli wrote: »
    Been meaning to get out to the shop since it opened anyone been out there? (aside from Thirstywork of course:D)

Whats the stock like? Seen a fair few pictures of the shop but haven't heard too much else?

Was out there a few weeks ago and picked up a pair of wave riders, nice shop and the lads were sound.
    The runway for the gait analysis looks longer too

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Picked up a few bits and bobs - shorts, water bottle etc. Not a huge place, but had everything I was looking for, and a wall full of shoes that I'll be perusing in a few weeks. Also very friendly service.
    I'm very very excited to have a running shop practically on my front door, so I'll probably end up buying more stuff than I technically need :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Have been in the shop as well. Very well stocked and the usual great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Popped in myself over the weekend, nice spot and friendly lads working there. I'll be heading back soon to get a pair of shoes. Somewhere handy for those on the northside to pop into now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Great spot. Totally sorted me out finding a charger for my Garmin - great staff, great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 BrandNewMedium

I got my gait analysis done in Ashtown a few weeks ago and picked up a new pair of shoes at the same time. Great service, no shortage of advice and I'm very pleased with the shoes.

Highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I was so happy when I saw the they had opened a shop I could easily get to. I haven't been in it yet, but Amphibian King are the only place I'll go to buy my shoes now.

The staff are always friendly, they give great advice and the prices are pretty competitive too.

Other retail outlets could do with sending their staff to an Amphibian King to see how customers should be treated and how knowledgeable the staff are about the products they are selling and the industry they are involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Just seeing this now,glad to be opened and cheers for such positive feedback :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Where bouts is it located? Near Superquinn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

On the same row as superquinn, they are at the end, just next to the roundabout.

I went in after the Frank Duffy 10 miler last Saturday. The lads were their usual helpful & friendly selves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

1185751_421370661307114_602141191_n.jpg

Bring in your copies of this months' "Men's Running" and you will be able to add to your autograph collections :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Myself and my girlfriend headed up to Ashtown to get fitted today. Nice shop, very easy to get too from the M50 and loads of free parking out the back. The lads are dead friendly, they know their stuff and spent plenty of time with us. We both got sorted with new runners and got a nice wee discount as well. Would highly recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Godsend this morning for me. Wanted to do complete rehersal for DCM and couldn't find any of my usual gels this morning at home so had to scrap that idea. That is until I saw the yellow and black sign for AK on the Navan Road roundabout. Feckin delighted! It was like a mirage. Great location, great shop, great staff... as per usual. You saved my lsr AK!

Advertisement