Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationship Deal Breakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Not being prepared to sleep in the wet patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Is everybody secretly filing away the posters with overlong lists of deal breakers in the nutcase file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I suppose you're one of those people who wash their bedclothes once every month :rolleyes:

I'm not the world's most hygenic person and I change mine once a week. At least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I suppose you're one of those people who wash their bedclothes once every month :rolleyes:

What? I change them every week. Am I missing something here?

Bedclothes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Katgurl wrote: »
    What? I change them every week. Am I missing something here?

Sarcasm, I suspect. Or that poster is the type who changes their bed clothes once a year to coincide with the annual bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

mattjack wrote: »
    Bedclothes ?

Was thinking that? What are those yokes!

Thanks I just threw up a little.

You lie in bed sweating all night then just go about your business for the day?

Mmmm mmm.

And the problem with people who smell is - they never bl00dy realise it.

I know plenty of people including myself who much prefer to shower the night before than than morning. It's actually very common and doesn't result in a smell anymore than someone who showers in the morning..
    I'm not the world's most hygenic person and I change mine once a week. At least.

Once a week? You have to be joking. They are fine for at least a month or more even imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Sandypants

Lack of personality & not to end up being clingy & needy ...Jezz I feel like I need to add more to my list after reading every1 else's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Girl who has no interests.
    Girl who has no internets.

• Advertisement

mattjack wrote: »
    Bedclothes ?

Yeah, the things that your bed wears. Sheets and blankets and pillowcases et al.

Was thinking that? What are those yokes!

Sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers etc.

What do you call them? I've always heard them referred to as bedclothes.

Sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers etc.

What do you call them? I've always heard them referred to as bedclothes.

Was a joke :D

I change mine every Friday!

I know plenty of people including myself who much prefer to shower the night before than than morning. It's actually very common and doesn't result in a smell anymore than someone who showers in the morning..

Once a week? You have to be joking. They are fine for at least a month or more even.

How often do you change your day clothes?

Yeah, the things that your bed wears. Sheets and blankets and pillowcases et al.

Sleeping bag or if Im in action the double sleeping bag.

Once a week? You have to be joking. They are fine for at least a month or more even imo.

No you just don't notice the smell but your colleagues probably do.

I LOVE a man who smells all soapy and clean though..

Was a joke :D

I change mine every Friday!

I'm obviously a bit slow. :o:P

I LOVE a man who smells all soapy and clean though..
    You wouldn't smell just because you showered at night instead of the morning, as long as it was every night. You would only need a morning shower if you had sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Now that I think of it, OCD is a deal breaker for me.

• Advertisement

morning sex.

Nothing like it :D

You wouldn't smell just because you showered at night instead of the morning, as long as it was every night. You would only need a morning shower if you had sex.

I have a very keen sense of smell. In fact when I'm into someone the smell of his skin drives me absolutely wild. But if I don't like the smell of his skin it doesn't matter how great he is, how good looking, clever, smart, funny etc I just can't get past it. Animal instincts I suppose.

I have a very keen sense of smell. In fact when I'm into someone the smell of his skin drives me absolutely wild. But if I don't like the smell of his skin it doesn't matter how great he is, how good looking, clever, smart, funny etc I just can't get past it. Animal instincts I suppose.

Pheromones, a lot of sexual attraction is based on smell. The person you like the smell of will have an immune system different to yours, if you have a baby that child will therefore inherit both and have a stronger immunity than either of you. People looking to 'pull' are better off not wearing person or any smelly products, especially women when they're ovulating.

How often do you change your day clothes?

Depends on the item. Socks every day, boxers everyday or every second day, t-shirts and shirts every second day, jeans last a week at least and often longer.

Well a number of my colleagues shower at night rather than the morning and they never smell, its the same for me. Showering at night rather than the morning does not mean you smell, showering every 2nd day doesn't necessarily mean you smell either. You are just conditioned to think this. The people who actually smell might be people who did shower that morning but sweat a lot and don't wear anti-persperant or more than likely someone who hasn't showered for a lot longer than a day.

jeans last a week or more.

Christ almighty tell me you're joking??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

• smoking
    • young kids (the kind that take up all their mother's time and attention)
    • severely irrational beliefs e.g. religion, homoeopathy, etc.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

Christ almighty tell me you're joking??

No, why would I be. A week would be the minimum I'd get out of jeans.

A week in a pair of jeans??? Sweet mother of christ that there is a week worth of sweating into one pair of jeans!

A week in a pair of jeans??? Sweet mother of christ that there is a week worth of sweating into one pair of jeans!

I've two pairs in the go at the moment. One was washed at the end if July I think as they were washed when I was up home and the others are new which I started wearing around the same time. Neither need washing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well I know that I am not going to be around too many people during a week, so I'd be the same.

New deal breaker for me - not changing ones clothes often enough!

• Advertisement

No, why would I be. A week would be the minimum I'd get out of jeans.

I used to know a fella wore his jeans for a month at a time! They walked out on him eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Blowys ONLY on your birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Pheromones, a lot of sexual attraction is based on smell. The person you like the smell of will have an immune system different to yours, if you have a baby that child will therefore inherit both and have a stronger immunity than either of you. People looking to 'pull' are better off not wearing person or any smelly products, especially women when they're ovulating.

I'm sorry, but the part I've highlighted is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever read. I have no doubt that pheromones play a part, and the immune system theory is certainly very plausible. But to say your attraction is based solely on pheromones/smell and little else is laughable. Please tell me you're joking?

Looking at it rationally, pheromones probably play a small part, especially when the girl already finds the man handsome and connects with him. But to say it's up there at the top ranks as one of the most eye raising things I have ever seen written - Pseudo PUA psychology included.

Pug160 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the part I've highlighted is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever read. I have no doubt that pheromones play a part, and the immune system theory is certainly very plausible. But to say your attraction is based solely on pheromones/smell and little else is laughable. Please tell me you're joking?

Looking at it rationally, pheromones probably play a small part, especially when the girl already finds the man handsome and connects with him. But to say it's up there at the top ranks as one of the most eye raising things I have ever seen written - Pseudo PUA psychology included.

They play a part, they're not the only basis of attraction. You don't have to find the man handsome either. Have you ever been attracted to someone who wasn't your type, or looked at a couple and wondered what brought and keeps them together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm obviously a bit slow. :o:P

It's my fault for bringing the term bedclothes into this thread, I'm sorry.

And just to clarify I change mine every week, I don't smell bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

They play a part, they're not the only basis of attraction. You don't have to find the man handsome either. Have you ever been attracted to someone who wasn't your type, or looked at a couple and wondered what brought and keeps them together?

If it plays a part it is very much secondary - otherwise things would be a lot more even in terms of people's 'success' rate. I certainly don't buy the idea that an ugly man potentially has lots of lady admirers because of it. That's not how it works. Looks and personality are by far the most important things - although not always in the same order. The poster I quoted made an outrageous statement by saying nothing else mattered to her other than smell. Surely she's pulling our chain? It's not remotely logical. It's only logical if there's another component, i.e attraction, chemistry etc.

It's my fault for bringing the term bedclothes into this thread, I'm sorry.

And just to clarify I change mine every week, I don't smell bad.

Thank God for that, I was losing sleep worrying about your hygiene.

If it plays a part it is very much secondary - otherwise things would be a lot more even in terms of people's 'success' rate. I certainly don't buy the idea that an ugly man potentially has lots of lady admirers because of it. That's not how it works. Looks and personality are by far the most important things - although not always in the same order. The poster I quoted made an outrageous statement by saying nothing else mattered to her other than smell. Surely she's pulling our chain? It's not remotely logical. It's only logical if there's another component, i.e attraction, chemistry etc.

You know that smell when you nuzzle someone's neck? I think that's what she means. We all have our own 'smell', get in someone's bed and you'll smell them etc.

You put a lot of emphasis on looks, not everyone else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I once met a lad which led to us texting and I asked him what he'd planed for the day, and since it was a Sunday he said he was about to go to mass and then the gym.
    You couldn't blame me for thinking he was taking the piss sinse that's about the most fuked up combination of things to do after the other, but anyway, once I knew he was dead serious that was the end of him. Can't be having that

1ZRed wrote: »
    I once met a lad which led to us texting and I asked him what he'd planed for the day, and since it was a Sunday he said he was about to go to mass and then the gym.
    You couldn't blame me for thinking he was taking the piss sinse that's about the most fuked up combination of things to do after the other, but anyway, once I knew he was dead serious that was the end of him. Can't be having that

I see nothing strange about it? Can't see why you would.

• Advertisement

Must be the going to the gym part of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Also lol at the people saying the person has to be open minded and then having religious as a deal breaker. Really showing open mindedness there :rolleyes: can't believe people would have being religious as a deal breaker especially in Ireland.

You know that being open minded can involve trying a religion and ultimately rejecting it?

Must be the going to the gym part of it :D

To be honest I would think it was quite strange if I heard of someone going to the gym on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Leftist wrote: »
    stupid face

Haha what's a stupid face? :D

I didnt say nothing else mattered. I said that whenever I was into someone the smell of their skin drives me wild (usually happens when lying in bed so of course a previous attraction was necessary). But if I don't have that reaction to the smell of their skin, no amount of rationalising "he's a lovely fella... So handsome.... So good to me" makes a difference. Not yet anyway.I never said it was rational.

And fwiw I have fancied loads of ugly blokes and been left cold by classically handsome ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ooo to much make up :mad:

OO and worse fake tan its stinks id rather my gf to pale then look like an orange umpalumpa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Gym, perfect. 23 year old going to Sunday mass? Not my thing tbh. I don't need religious gay people around me, they're a bit fuked up because they have this degree of shame about themselves I've noticed, and he was closeted on top of that, but the "I don't want to go anywhere with you in case they cop on I'm gay" closeted type really drives me mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The wife deciding she wants to become a freegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

1ZRed wrote: »
    Gym, perfect. 23 year old going to Sunday mass? Not my thing tbh. I don't need religious gay people around me, they're a bit fuked up because they have this degree of shame about themselves I've noticed, and he was closeted on top of that, but the "I don't want to go anywhere with you in case they cop on I'm gay" closeted type really drives me mad.
    Wow. A bigotted gay.
    what happened to the incusive and equal society we always hear about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Over 25!!!Childish, facebook loving, texting loving, 'I have to go out with the girls tonight' type, God love them, usually last about a month with me. Total makers of their own doom Deal Breakers

Advertisement