Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of creche in uk?

• 12-08-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi guys , just wondering I got offered a job in UK due to move there to Hertfordshire area in February ,I am 6 months pregnant due around the 20th November so my little girl should be about 2/3 months by then and I ll be needed to find out about babysitters or creches over there and how much it should cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi OP,

From what I know, creches are extremely expensive here. I know someone at work is paying about £4,000 a year for one day a week.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

They tend to refer to them as nurseries over here rather than creche but it's the same thing. Our daughter's nursery cost us initially cost about £720 a month for five days a week and is absolutely outstanding. The price tends to come down as they grow older and the Government now provide all parents with 15 free hours a week :)

Advertisement