Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Vodafone, Still no service 20+ days later

• 12-08-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

About a month ago I switched from eircom (But had Vodafone before them).. And everything was running smooth (Had phone/BB).. But wasn't on the package I signed up for, so I dropped them once I found out I couldn't get what I was promised when signing up (efibre)..

So I switched back to Vodafone (as it was cheaper for the same service/speed).. I had awful trouble for up to 3 weeks even getting them to put a reconnection order through... They said the line was faulty but it wasn't as I previously had eircoms service..

Eventually I got them to put the order through and got my welcome letter the following week.. So I though I was set..

5 days later (working), I noticed the phone didn't activate.. So I call them up and they tell me wait a few days.. So I do.. And to make a long story short this goes on for a couple weeks.. They eventually tell me it's all active on their system but from my side I still have no service..

I've tried complaining but they won't give me a number or put it through themselves (one. Said they would but heard nothing).. They continue to charge me for a service I'm not receiving..

When I asked to speak to a superviser/manager they refuse to put me on to them and repeat the same BS that someone is working on it (which I've been told for about a week and a half..

I'm gonna call comreg tomorrow but I'm just posting this to see if anyone had any advice on where to go next, I was told 2day that they will need to cancel the current order and start a new one.. I can't be waiting another month for Internet..

Any replies are appreciated

Thanks,
    Ps. I apologies mods if its in the wrong section, on my mobile so navagation is a bit dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

its not much use to you now, but when i moved to VF from UTV, i said nothing to UTV, i just ordered the VF package, got the VF router but had my UTV BB until the eircom guy called out to install the new master socket, then i just plugged in the VF router and it worked. I rang UTV around 10 days later to make sure they knew i was with VF now, they werent aware but cancelled my UTV account.

I specifically asked VF if my BB would be available until the switch and they said yes.

I find it strance that Eircom wouldnt move you to efibre and VF said it was available, tbh it sounds like theres an issue with your line and thats why Eircom wouldnt move you but that VF were unaware of that issue, i dont know im just guessing. Eircom are in complete control of who gets/doesnt get it, so i wouldnt expect any ISP to provide something that Eircom wont( in fact tbh youre better off with Eircom when there are line issues )

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So you moved from Vodafone to Eircom and back to Vodafone in the space of a few weeks....and you rather sillyily i must add, left Voda for Eircom because you thought you'd get Fibre through Eircom rather then Vodafone?

lol....sorry but you jumping from ship to ship has messed everything up, you really only have yerself to blame.

gazzamc wrote: »
    About a month ago I switched from eircom (But had Vodafone before them).. And everything was running smooth (Had phone/BB).. But wasn't on the package I signed up for, so I dropped them once I found out I couldn't get what I was promised when signing up (efibre)..

So I switched back to Vodafone (as it was cheaper for the same service/speed).. I had awful trouble for up to 3 weeks even getting them to put a reconnection order through... They said the line was faulty but it wasn't as I previously had eircoms service..

Eventually I got them to put the order through and got my welcome letter the following week.. So I though I was set..

5 days later (working), I noticed the phone didn't activate.. So I call them up and they tell me wait a few days.. So I do.. And to make a long story short this goes on for a couple weeks.. They eventually tell me it's all active on their system but from my side I still have no service..

I've tried complaining but they won't give me a number or put it through themselves (one. Said they would but heard nothing).. They continue to charge me for a service I'm not receiving..

When I asked to speak to a superviser/manager they refuse to put me on to them and repeat the same BS that someone is working on it (which I've been told for about a week and a half..

I'm gonna call comreg tomorrow but I'm just posting this to see if anyone had any advice on where to go next, I was told 2day that they will need to cancel the current order and start a new one.. I can't be waiting another month for Internet..

Any replies are appreciated

Thanks,
    Ps. I apologies mods if its in the wrong section, on my mobile so navagation is a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Regardless of jumping from ship to ship it's still ridicolous that its not sorted yet... And how exactly is it my fault that the whole Vodafone department don't have 2 brain cells to rub together..

The lack of communication between both departments is appalling.. Thanks for the reply but it isn't helpful in anyway..
    So you moved from Vodafone to Eircom and back to Vodafone in the space of a few weeks....and you rather sillyily i must add, left Voda for Eircom because you thought you'd get Fibre through Eircom rather then Vodafone?

lol....sorry but you jumping from ship to ship has messed everything up, you really only have yerself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

If you post here the guys can help

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Advertisement