Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi Booster.

• 12-08-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

(Apologies Mods if this is in the wrong place)

We currently have broadband with Eircom & recently got a new DSL box in the house as the other one kept cutting out when ever the landline rang (A massive headache I know.) But since the new box has gone in the signal strength we are on laptops has gone from excellent to poor.

The only time it increases is when we are pretty much about 3 ft away from it. I've discussed with the other taking the DSL out from under the stairs and putting it somewhere less heavily walled in but no joy (even offered to put it in my room)

I was looking to buy a signal booster for it. Has anyone purchased such items and if so, do you or have you recommended it.

My father works for eircom so the broadband at the moment is legitimately free so changing ISP really isn't a option either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

The eircom routers are ****e when it comes to wifi..buy a separate router disable the eircom wifi and use the other one.. Connect them with a LAN cable.. It's what I did when I was with eircom as the wifi on my devices kept dropping...
    Big Steve wrote: »
    (Apologies Mods if this is in the wrong place)

We currently have broadband with Eircom & recently got a new DSL box in the house as the other one kept cutting out when ever the landline rang (A massive headache I know.) But since the new box has gone in the signal strength we are on laptops has gone from excellent to poor.

The only time it increases is when we are pretty much about 3 ft away from it. I've discussed with the other taking the DSL out from under the stairs and putting it somewhere less heavily walled in but no joy (even offered to put it in my room)

I was looking to buy a signal booster for it. Has anyone purchased such items and if so, do you or have you recommended it.

My father works for eircom so the broadband at the moment is legitimately free so changing ISP really isn't a option either

Advertisement