Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup for Pale Skin (blushers, highlighters etc. )

• 12-08-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am looking for recommendations for other makeup products for very pale skin. I have the foundation sorted - Illamasqua Skin Base in shade 02, MAC nc10, Revlon ivory (to get an idea of the colour and I have dark brown hair if that makes any difference) - so I am interested in other products especially blusher and something to contour with as I'm never sure whether they are too dark from looking at them in the shps. Also would be interested in highlighters, bronzers and any other products really :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm a fellow pale gal, so here's some of my faves!

- Benefit Coralista, a pinky-peachy blush
    - Nars Sex Appeal, peach blush. My absolute favourite! I need to buy a new one, saving up the funds!
    - The Balm Mary Loumanizer, golden powder highlighter. Beautiful shade, more for night time/full make up looks
    - Lancome Blush Highlighter 001, pale pink and extremely subtle. Suitable for day wear.

I've yet to find a bronzer that I love yet! I normally just nick whatever my mam has in her make up bag. She has some MAC ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I'm uber pale and really struggle trying to find foundation, blush etc..

I've bought alot of high end blushes but none of them have been as good as NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Powder in Pink Cheek Glow (I think that's what the colour is!)

It's very pigmented and very natural looking when applied. It gives a healthy glow to my cheeks as opposed to super pink doll like cheeks which I have gotten from other brands.

I got it in Penneys and I think it was 3.50. It was super cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I really like Benefit's Dandelion, it's a really pretty subtle pink. Also Benefit's High Beam is a lovely liquid highlighter.
    Twee. wrote: »
    - The Balm Mary Loumanizer, golden powder highlighter. Beautiful shade, more for night time/full make up looks

I am dying to try this, I've heard so many good things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Fellow Pale gal here.

I am loving Hervana blusher at the moment. I think its very natural, and doesn't have that peachy/orangey undertone that doesn't really suit my pale skin.

Mac Harmony is quite nice for contouring and bronzing.

I use Mac strobe cream and high beam for highlighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Dior 010 is the palest foundation I could find. Using the diorblush cheek creme in Panama at the moment.....peachy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Twee stole my recommendations :p so I just wanted to second Coralista and Sex Appeal. Sex Appeal is my go to daily blush. I also like NARS Orgasm for night time, just a small amount is enough as its a bit pink/shimmery but its a really nice shade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I like MAC's well dressed blush and also pink swoon! And i like the sleek contour kit in light! but you need to use a really light hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

I love Benefits Dandelion too and Dainty Pink from MAC is lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gauge wrote: »
    Twee stole my recommendations :p so I just wanted to second Coralista and Sex Appeal. Sex Appeal is my go to daily blush. I also like NARS Orgasm for night time, just a small amount is enough as its a bit pink/shimmery but its a really nice shade.

Just love those peachy tones! :D Must try the Orgasm blush, have the lipgloss and it's gorgeous.

Advertisement