Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Person Seamus Higgins (RIP) - Condolence Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I was about to post this
    Maybe Clare mods can sticky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thread set up as a sticky.

I hope Seamus turns up safe and well.

24 hours later no sign yet :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No sign yet. A facebook page has been setup to help find him

https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=192295780943702&refid=46

Let's hope he is found all and well.

This is the poster his family are asking people around the country to print and put up in bus and train stations

Also, a search of the old Railway line behind Corrovorrin as far as Our Lady's is due to start at 11.30 this morning meeting in Corrovorrin drive

• Advertisement

Another search starting at 6pm being organised via Facebook page if any Ennis people want to lend a hand

Today Thursday 9.30am ballybeg woods search
    Friday will most likely be Lees road
    If anyone can volunteer a few hours PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Praying that he's found safe & sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The news is not good unfortunately :(

He has been found.

May he RIP.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0815/468377-appeal-over-missing-ennis-man/

Rte are reporting he has been found, he hasn't been formally identified but the chances of it being anyone else is slim

RIP Seamus :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is very sad news indeed :( May he rest in peace.

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

RIP Seamus and those who have died tragically in Co. Clare in the past few days. Thoughts with their families and friends. May they find strength to bear the pain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

RTÉ link above is dead...
    The body of a man has been recovered from the Claureen River near the Dún na hÍnse estate in Ennis.

The remains were discovered this afternoon during searches for a 22 year old man missing from the area since Saturday.

Family members of Seamus Higgins have expressed concerns for his safety since he vanished from a home in Dún na hÍnse, leading to an extensive search operation led by the Clare Civil Defence and Gardaí.

The body has been removed to University Hospital Limerick where a post mortem examination will be carried out.

http://clare.fm/news/body-discovered-ennis

RIP. My thoughts are with the Higgins family on this awful tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

This is just awful news. RIP :(

The head expected the worst but the heart hoped for the best. I knew Seamus as a child in the ENS and thought of him frequently over the years. This is such a tragic waste.

My thoughts are now with his family and friends and I hope they can at least take comfort from the efforts and good wishes from so many people over the past few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

may he reach his eternal reward rip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Such a sad ending. May he Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Sad RIP young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

RIP young man,

His foster-mam is a friend of mine, and a well known poster here on the Clare boards, I wont reveal who, she may do herself in her own time. I can only imagine the devastation and pain, most of us Ennis people are still in shock.

RIP Seamus !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

I got the following message from the foster-mother of Seamus, she's clearly very upset by had this message for all the posters here.
    My real name is Tina Whelan, and I want to thank every one of you for your concern and support, we loved Seamus so much, we are just devastated but i cant express enough my gratitude to the people of Ennis, Clare and Ireland for their help searching for Seamus.

Never in my whole life have I seen the effort that was put in to find anyone, I am so proud to be a townie and Im honoured that I can write in the Clare forum.

Advertisement