Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Textile trousers

• 12-08-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a new pair of trousers, anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rukka :)

what size are you btw? I have a 32/34 waist gortex pair lying around you can have for cheapy, not like I'm using them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Money no object Rukka are incredible but I dont fancy paying €400 or that on a pair of trousers. I have the RST Paragon III suit and it cant be faulted TBH. And the whole lot cost less then the Rukka bottoms.

I have been up and down the country in the pissings of rain never leaked once....and sure just carry a €20 pair of rain bottoms from lidl and sorted for all occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I like Richa stuff

Avoid Buffalo 'waterproofs'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ive the RST Paragon 3 pants and jacket and cant fault them

Same as Wonda-Boy ive been caught in heavy downpours and havent gotten wet. pair of rain pants are the job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Richa Rain Warrior Jacket and trousers, will cost about 50 in total and keep you dry and warm in any downpour!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My experience of Rukka was extremely poor. I didn't think they were worth the money at all. I'd never recommend them.

Richa is good, seems to last well. Go for top end of the range if possible.
    Buffalo is poor, but budget pricing.
    Suomy - newish brand, quality finish to the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Looking to get a new pair of trousers, anyone have any recommendations?

Worn Hein Gericke textiles almost everyday since October 2011. Never once cold or wet, in the slightest.

Never washed them either! :D:D:D

Jesus...that's horrific now that I think about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Can they be machine washed as a matter of interest? Or is it a job for the dry cleaners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Can they be machine washed as a matter of interest? Or is it a job for the dry cleaners?

My ones can, just take out the armor...though, never done it, as I said... I've washed the inner insulation layer. But I only use that in the Winter anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

..Brian.. wrote: »

You don't wash motorbike gear:D It's worn till it falls apart, then use some 100 mile an hour tape to keep it going for another couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RST trousers here and they've been fantastic (not sure which model), only let down by the lack of braces.

I've a pair of Aldi pants which are just as good weather wise and have braces!, however the stitching came apart at the crotch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Cheers all. Ended up going for RST Slice Sport. Look like a decent water proof pair. Hopefully they'll stand the test of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Cheers all. Ended up going for RST Slice Sport. Look like a decent water proof pair. Hopefully they'll stand the test of time

Keep us posted how they work for you...;)

Good news, the trousers are not only comfortable but also waterproof :D

Commute home yesterday was miserably wet, either raining or a misty haze for the entire trip. So 50 minutes later I'm off the bike and still dry. Long may this last, the dryness not the rain :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Where did you buy them? I need rain protection also.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have used RST for years, no complaints!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Where did you buy them? I need rain protection also.....

Got them in bikeworld for €125

Advertisement