Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Squad On The Way To Janesboro

• 12-08-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

It seems someone found an old grenade in their back garden , bomb squad on the way and street cordoned off with some houses evacuated .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jonski wrote: »
    It seems someone found an old grenade in their back garden , bomb squad on the way and street cordoned off with some houses evacuated .

Weird time of night to be in the back garden looking for grenades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Some amount of spectators too! They're still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Controlled explosion below in the Boro field , shows over folks .

It was an old grenade that a lad found earlier on this evening while digging his back garden ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Any story on how the grenade got there? Or how old it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

juneg wrote: »
    Any story on how the grenade got there? Or how old it was?

It was from 1922. It would have been there well before the housing scheme was built.

It makes you think how many more grenades could be scattered around under lawns! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 JOS52

Wow - Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

It was from 1922. It would have been there well before the housing scheme was built.

It makes you think how many more grenades could be scattered around under lawns! :eek:

the field between hyde rd and the boro pitch was used by the army as a firing range years ago. It was known as the bombing field and I expect it is a remnant of that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

No the Bombing Field was in what is now Prospect, and it was the British Army that used to fire their weapons there. According to my oul lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

by army I meant the British Army too - but I think it was just that area at bottom of prospect hill - between the railway track and prospect hill. but similar/same area

Advertisement