Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German student wants to study in Ireland

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all together !

I am a German girl working in Dublin as an aupair and want now to
    study in Ireland.
    Unfortunately the study and applying system in Ireland is completely different to the German ones and I need to get a some information.

Maybe you guys could help me :)

1. Am I a grant holder ? How much do I have to pay ad tuition fees ?
    This would be my first undergraduate course in my student life.
    2. Do I have to do the TOEFFL test ? I had English in school for 10 years.
    Is there any other possibility to prove my English ?
    3. Am I totally late for applying or is there any chance to get a course maybe in the 2. round ?

Thanks ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I'm German as well and studying in Ireland, I study part time at a private college though (BA Hons degree) so can't help you with your first question. I assume it probably depends on the college though.

2. Before I was accepted for my course, I had to do an English test. It took almost an entire day and consisted of different components (writing, conversation, listening comprehension.. and maybe something else) with breaks in between. Each college does things differently though, some of them may insist on the certificate if they don't do their own tests.

3. That really depends on the course you want to do and the college, you'll need to check with them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liaxx

thanks a mill for the answer ! :)

Do you like to study in ireland ? what would be the main deferences between studying in germany and studying in ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Yes, I like studying here. The differences probably depend on the course you want to do, but I don't think it's that different in general if you compare bachelor/masters degrees here with the equivalent in Germany. If you're planning to stay in Ireland for the next 3-4 years then it just makes sense to do it here rather than wait - I have no plans of moving back to Germany at all.

Advertisement