Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses at 9th lock grand canal?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I went by the 9th lock on the grand canal in clondalkin and there were a bunch of lads there washing their horses in the canal, i was just wondering is this allowed and how did they get the horses through the gates?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Good to see the lads taking care of their horses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Contact shane.anderson@waterwaysireland.org

They are responsible for the canals.

masti123 wrote: »
    I went by the 9th lock on the grand canal in clondalkin and there were a bunch of lads there washing their horses in the canal, i was just wondering is this allowed and how did they get the horses through the gates?

Thanks

Were they on the Esso side? If so, only a chain there. No problem for a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Yes and there is a gate there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cait87

They come over on sunny days, a load of young fellas whipping their horses and forcing some of them into the water, you can hear and see the horse are mistreated, there should be proper facilities for horse grooming, i know there is some around.

These young fellas need someone= a youth leaders who knows about horses and then they wouldn't have should a bad name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

I doubt that these kids have not been contacted by various organisations involved in horse welfare. This one is nearby
    https://m.facebook.com/condalkin.equineclub?_rdr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Saw a good few horses tied up on various fields between Ronanstown Garda Station and the Coldcut Road while passing through on the bus this morning.Must be a trend amongst the kids again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cait87

Saw a good few horses tied up on various fields between Ronanstown Garda Station and the Coldcut Road while passing through on the bus this morning.Must be a trend amongst the kids again.

Tis indeed a trend!

Advertisement