Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Display Woes

• 13-08-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've put together a half decent looking site.

Checked it in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE 7/8/9/10, IOS, on Mac and PC (with acceptable very minor difference between browsers and OS) .. Except for freaking android !!!

I have the SDK, I've created virtual devices e.g. Samsung s3/s4/Galaxy note etc ...and it displays perfectly - exactly the same thing I see on other browsers.

The client on the otherhand has a Galaxy S3 (as do some of his colleagues).

The OK screenshot I took from the SDK window, the other screenshot the client took from his galaxy (I know some of its covered.. sry).

Two things stand out.

1) looks like the text under the Navigation is completely the wrong font size on that part of the screen (and cannot see how that is even possible unless android is auto scaling, this I thought I had solved in the CSS).

2) Obviously the nav-bar is way up over the text slogan.

Now I have have a nasty feeling it could be to do with the Scaling of the background image - anyone care to chime in ?
    #backgroundtop {
    	width: 100%;
    	min-height: 600px;
    	left: 0px;
    	top: 0px;
            margin:0px;
    	background: url('images/car-wreck.jpg') #333 no-repeat;
    	background-size:100%;

}

But Seriously Why in hells name does the blasted Android SDK not show this issue up in the first place !

And browser stack shows exactly the same "correct" view if anyone was wondering.

Advertisement