Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion - trip switch

Options
  • 13-08-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi

I have an immersion in my apartment and since yesterday everytime i turn it on the trip switch is going down (Apt is all electric)

I have unplugged every other item in the apartment and tried again to ensure nothing else is overloading the fuse box but its still flipping.

Im getting onto the landlord today but i was just wondering if it could be something simple that im missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dublin21 wrote: »
    Hi

I have an immersion in my apartment and since yesterday everytime i turn it on the trip switch is going down (Apt is all electric)

I have unplugged every other item in the apartment and tried again to ensure nothing else is overloading the fuse box but its still flipping.

Im getting onto the landlord today but i was just wondering if it could be something simple that im missing?

Thanks
    Nope. New element needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

The element in the immersion is probably burned out , so is shorted and tripping the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dublin21

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Onto the landlord so

Advertisement