Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One on Three network losing data connection and going into Roaming all the time

• 13-08-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC One on Three.

If its on the 3 network, its fine. If it loses signal for the 3 network though, it jumps onto another carrier, as expected, but i lose all Data (no web, audio streaming etc etc).

Ive called 3 a few times.
    First time we went through the phone settings. didnt fix it.
    Second time we tried a different sim in my phone. didnt fix it.
    Third time we tried doing a factory reset. Didnt fix it.

It looks to me like my account is set to disallow data on roaming, but 3 say its configured as expected.

I will call into a 3 shop later, but wanted to check if anyone else has this issue and if it got resolved?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

this is apparently a known feature of three's network, when it has to switch down from a hspda or 3g connection, it doesn't always switch back. There's a thread on the three forum about it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

this is apparently a known feature of three's network, when it has to switch down from a hspda or 3g connection, it doesn't always switch back. There's a thread on the three forum about it I think.

Is it the case that this feature is disabled for certain accounts/handsets, or has been recently disabled for all accounts? I ask as i never had this issue on the 3 network with my iPhone, but it occurs constantly with the HTC One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It may seem very simple, but by default your phone won't allow data while you're roaming. Have you changed that default?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

first thing i checked was the phone settings.

Then again, each time i rang 3 support, i had to re-check the roaming settings on the phone. 3 support confirmed data was enabled when roaming on the account, and i validated this in the roaming settings on the web site.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Is it the case that this feature is disabled for certain accounts/handsets, or has been recently disabled for all accounts? I ask as i never had this issue on the 3 network with my iPhone, but it occurs constantly with the HTC One.

No, it's a network architecture problem. If you installed a custom Rom you may want to revert to stock, or it could be that your handset needs an update to its modem file, both of which can contribute to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

No, it's a network architecture problem. If you installed a custom Rom you may want to revert to stock, or it could be that your handset needs an update to its modem file, both of which can contribute to it.

Did you try changing data connection to " wcdma only" in settings?

iwo wrote: »
    Did you try changing data connection to " wcdma only" in settings?

That tends to have either no effect at all, or means you're permanently stuck with no data because of unreliable 3g connections.

Advertisement