Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College mistake costing me 4000!

Options
  • 13-08-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

I am currently 2 weeks away from finishing my 1 year masters and I received a letter from my college yesterday saying my fees are not being paid by SUSI.

When I started the masters I was unsure if my fees would be paid by SUSI, then in Oct I received a letter saying they would not be paying so I sent a cheque for 2000 into the college to pay fees but they sent it back saying my fees had been paid in full so I rang the college and they said SUSI had paid my fees in full so I said again that I had received a rejection letter from them but they said that SUSI had now paid it so not to worry.

So that was back in October and I have now no savings to pay these fees as I had not planned to and the college are saying they know its their mistake but I still have to pay!

Should I get a solicitor involved? Or is there any point? I will not be able to pay now, I had planned on setting up a business after I had finished this college year, using this masters, and I will have to leave it now after wasting a full year of my life on it! I cannot believe this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Hi Katie,

I'm really sorry to hear about your predicament!!! I honestly don't what to say, could you possibly borrow the money from you parents and say you will pay them back once you have a job?? If that's not an option, you could always try the credit union? Have you a part time job or anything?

I also have a question of my own for you. I took a year out last year to work and I am funding my own masters this year (doing it part-time). I won't have the fees until the 20th September but they said I only have 2 weeks to complete registration including fees payment. I'm just wondering, can I still register after the 20th? I have contacted my school, just awaiting reply but any advice would be appreciated. How did you get your student card/timetable/etc....when you haven't paid your fees?

Thanks. :)

Advertisement