Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blight warning 13/08

• 13-08-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Weather conditions conducive to the spread of Potato blight are expected to develop later today and will continue through to Wednesday and Thursday.
    Issued:
    Tuesday 13 August 2013 09:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just harvested the last of my earlys.
    Just in time with the feel of that weather.
    Warm wet and horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

This blight warning has been update, as follows:
    Blight Warning
    Blight conditions are expected to continue through Wednesday and Thursday, with very limited opportunities for spraying.

Issued:Wednesday 14 August 2013 11:00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

We just dug up some Sarpos and Duke of Yorks this evening.

My god were they tasty.:D

So we will be digging up the rest of them at some stage over the weekend.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

If you only have a small amount of potatoes is it Ok to try and spray through the rain as long as it isn't too heavy?

I mean if the rain stops can you spray even though the leaves may not be completely dry (or if they are dry but rain comes before the spray can dry onto the leaves).

Not that I would be suggesting it as a policy but could it be partly effective on those occasions when you have been caught short?

Advertisement