Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left eircom for Sky and now have an early cease charge

Options
  • 13-08-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I have left eircom for sky and my final bill from eircom has an early cease charge even though I was not in contract with eircom anymore. Can this be looked at please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

foghlu wrote: »
    I have left eircom for sky and my final bill from eircom has an early cease charge even though I was not in contract with eircom anymore. Can this be looked at please??

Hi foghlu

I can see that there is a cancellation charge as 30 days notice was not provided to eircom before you had moved to another provider.

A 30 day notice of intent to close your account with eircom is required as per terms and conditions of service with eircom

The charge represents one month charge for line rental (€20.96 ex vat)  and one month charge for broadband (20.65 ex vat which forms the total of €53.08 including VAT. The other amount on your bill represents calls made from your line.

If you require a PDF copy of your bill please PM me your email address and I will arrange this to be emailed to you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Hi foghlu

I can see that there is a cancellation charge as 30 days notice was not provided to eircom before you had moved to another provider.

A 30 day notice of intent to close your account with eircom is required as per terms and conditions of service with eircom

The charge represents one month charge for line rental (€20.96 ex vat)  and one month charge for broadband (20.65 ex vat which forms the total of €53.08 including VAT. The other amount on your bill represents calls made from your line.

If you require a PDF copy of your bill please PM me your email address and I will arrange this to be emailed to you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

It says early cease charge on my bill I think... I did not end my contract early as I was no longer in contract?? So in essence what you are saying that everyone is actually in contract with eircom even if you no longer are in contract? This makes no sense at all, either I was in contract or I wasn't.

In fact when I queried my contract terms with eircom I was told that I was in contract as I had upgraded to a higher broadband. This turned out to be nonsense and was untrue, I asked for proof of this and was told I would be contacted that week. I was not contacted that week and received an email the following week that simply said '[font=arial, sans-serif]Your query relating to case reference number ******** has  now been closed.' [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This led me to believe that I wasn't in contract and was free to leave eircom, this has not been dealt with at all clearly or openly.[/font]

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

It says early cease charge on my bill I think... I did not end my contract early as I was no longer in contract?? So in essence what you are saying that everyone is actually in contract with eircom even if you no longer are in contract? This makes no sense at all, either I was in contract or I wasn't.

In fact when I queried my contract terms with eircom I was told that I was in contract as I had upgraded to a higher broadband. This turned out to be nonsense and was untrue, I asked for proof of this and was told I would be contacted that week. I was not contacted that week and received an email the following week that simply said '[font=arial, sans-serif]Your query relating to case reference number ******** has  now been closed.' [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This led me to believe that I wasn't in contract and was free to leave eircom, this has not been dealt with at all clearly or openly.[/font]
    Ok foghlu

I see your point however there is a difference between a 12 months contract and a 30 notice to cease services. The 30 days notice of cease service is in accordance with terms and conditions and I'm afraid I'm unable take any action on this.

If you wish to make a formal complaint in relation to this feel free to contact the complaints department on 1800200481.

Thanks,

Al

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

I see your point however there is a difference between a 12 months contract and a 30 notice to cease services. The 30 days notice of cease service is in accordance with terms and conditions and I'm afraid I'm unable take any action on this.

If you wish to make a formal complaint in relation to this feel free to contact the complaints department on 1800200481.

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

I will get in touch with that complaints department as soon as possible. But it is a joke the way this has been dealt with especially after my query to ye about my contract I received an email stating that the case had been closed and received no further follow up call or information from eircom. 

I clearly asked to be informed of the outcome of my query and took the email telling me it had been closed as enough to presume I was not in contract and could leave eircom. 

Ye should really clarify the 'early cease charge' on my bill, as I did not cease a contract early I was out of contract. I have no problem paying for my calls and broadband but will not be paying any 'early cease' charge as I was not in contract.

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

I will get in touch with that complaints department as soon as possible. But it is a joke the way this has been dealt with especially after my query to ye about my contract I received an email stating that the case had been closed and received no further follow up call or information from eircom. 

I clearly asked to be informed of the outcome of my query and took the email telling me it had been closed as enough to presume I was not in contract and could leave eircom. 

Ye should really clarify the 'early cease charge' on my bill, as I did not cease a contract early I was out of contract. I have no problem paying for my calls and broadband but will not be paying any 'early cease' charge as I was not in contract.
    HI foghlu

I can understand your feelings on this however the best course of action to take would be by contacting eircom complaints at this moment in time.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

I can understand your feelings on this however the best course of action to take would be by contacting eircom complaints at this moment in time.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

I was speaking to your customer care/complaints department on Friday. After having to call twice, being hung up on once, I finally got speaking to someone who was able to deal with my complaint. 

I was meant to receive a phone call on Saturday but no one has rang me back yet. I am simply waiting to hear the new total of my final bill before I pay it.

Appreciate any help here as I just want to finish up with this issue asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

I was speaking to your customer care/complaints department on Friday. After having to call twice, being hung up on once, I finally got speaking to someone who was able to deal with my complaint. 

I was meant to receive a phone call on Saturday but no one has rang me back yet. I am simply waiting to hear the new total of my final bill before I pay it.

Hi foghlu

Were you given a complaints reference number when you called or the agent you spoke to. As the complaints department are not open on Saturdays?

Mark 

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi foghlu

Were you given a complaints reference number when you called or the agent you spoke to. As the complaints department are not open on Saturdays?

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

I was speaking to a guy called Daniel on Friday evening who took my mobile number and told me he would call me on Saturday. I was given no reference number or anything else?? I had to ring twice and go through a hold process and get shifted from person to person before being hung up on and having to call back. It was when I called back that I was speaking to Daniel. There is no way I am going to try call up again and explain myself to anyone else. All I ask is for this to be dealt with as I as told on the phone on Friday??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

When you contact them again, ask them for a bill without the vat. Revenue do not require vat to be paid on cancellation of services, so Eircom cannot insist on billing you with vat charges added. In previous cases, due to being unable or unwilling to provide an invoice without vat, they have dropped the fees altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If you have any calls or have used the service, vat would be due however. If it's a typical charge because you didn't give them 30 days and you had already switched so didn't receive a service for those 30 days, then VAT is not due. However contractual amount of what is in their t&cs are due, just not vat.

• Advertisement

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi foghlu

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

I was speaking to a guy called Daniel on Friday evening who took my mobile number and told me he would call me on Saturday. I was given no reference number or anything else?? I had to ring twice and go through a hold process and get shifted from person to person before being hung up on and having to call back. It was when I called back that I was speaking to Daniel. There is no way I am going to try call up again and explain myself to anyone else. All I ask is for this to be dealt with as I as told on the phone on Friday??
    Hi Mark,

Any info for me on this? As stated above it was Friday I was speaking to Eircom not Saturday. I was quoted a new total over the phone but was supposed to receive a call about this on Saturday but it never came??

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Vat on a product you didn't receive?

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi foghlu

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Hi Mark,

Any info for me on this? As stated above it was Friday I was speaking to Eircom not Saturday. I was quoted a new total over the phone but was supposed to receive a call about this on Saturday but it never came??

Hi foghlu

There is a lead time of 10 working days to investigate a complaint as in this case they will need to locate the call recording when the mobile add on option was added to verify if the agent did or did not advise of a new 12 month contract.

I apologise if the agent stated he would call you back on Saturday. I will check the case later in the week to see if there are any updates,

Mark

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi foghlu

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Hi Mark,

Hi foghlu

There is a lead time of 10 working days to investigate a complaint as in this case they will need to locate the call recording when the mobile add on option was added to verify if the agent did or did not advise of a new 12 month contract.

I apologise if the agent stated he would call you back on Saturday. I will check the case later in the week to see if there are any updates,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

This is crazy! I was told by an agent on Friday that my bill was being changed and he quoted me over the phone with a new final payment amount?? All I want is confirmation of the amount that was quoted to me on Friday?

Why are you mentioning mobile add on option and what has this to do with me??

Hi foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Ok foghlu

Thanks,

Al
    Hi Al,

HI foghlu

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi foghlu

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Hi Mark,

Hi foghlu

Mark
    Hi Mark,

This is crazy! I was told by an agent on Friday that my bill was being changed and he quoted me over the phone with a new final payment amount?? All I want is confirmation of the amount that was quoted to me on Friday?

Why are you mentioning mobile add on option and what has this to do with me??
    Does anyone in Eircom actually talk to each other?? I have been dealing with numerous people now and am getting no where. All I want is to settle up my final bill and have nothing more to do with ye.

Daniel quoted me a new final bill price on Friday and said he would confirm this with me on Saturday?? That is the only phone call that I am interested in?? I am no longer a customer of Eircom and just want to pay my bill. Will someone please deal with this issue asap

Hi Al / Mark,

Has anyone had a chance to get me confirmation of my final bill as was stated to me on the phone on Friday evening??

As said previously on the thread all I want to do is pay the bill but need confirmation of the amount that was quoted to me over the phone on Friday by your agent.

Hi Al / Mark,

Has anyone had a chance to get me confirmation of my final bill as was stated to me on the phone on Friday evening??

As said previously on the thread all I want to do is pay the bill but need confirmation of the amount that was quoted to me over the phone on Friday by your agent.

Hi foghlu

I have sent you a PM after following up with customer care.

Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Foghlu you left eircom for their competition,dont expect any favors, as they now see you as their enemy.

Hi Al / Mark,

Hi foghlu

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for finally clearing up this mess for me!

Hi Al / Mark,

Hi foghlu

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for finally clearing up this mess for me!

No problem foghlu

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Foghlu you left eircom for their competition,dont expect any favors, as they now see you as their enemy.
    That's pretty counterproductive if true.

It's a way of ensuring that a customer who leaves will absolutely never, ever come back if you treat them like that as they'll not only leave because they got better prices, but will leave with a very bad taste in their mouth too.

A customer who is with a competitor is a customer who can be 'won back'. You normally treat them as well as possible to ensure they might come back.

If retailers took the approach you're describing, they'd have no business left after they'd alienated every customer who'd shopped in a competing store!

Advertisement