Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Geoghegan Murder Trial

• 13-08-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

John Dundon found guilty. More good work by Limerick Gardai

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mandatory life sentence - let's hope for once life means life in this country.

RTE Radio1 report says Dundon is listening and humming along to music on headphones while judgement is being read out. Showing as much contempt for his victim as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

europa11 wrote: »

RTE Radio1 report says Dundon is listening and humming along to music on headphones while judgement is being read out. Showing as much contempt for his victim as ever.

Bloody Hell. What goes through the mind of somebody like that to behave that way

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭fabvinny

great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Trying to keep up the hard Man image to the bitter end. Mightn't be feeling so cool inside though, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hopefully this will bring some sense of justice and closure to the Geoghegan and O'Dwyer families.
    Nothing will ever bring Shane back, or lessen the shock and trauma of his loss for his family, his partner and his friends.
    This case of ''mistaken identity'' cost a bright and happy young man his future, cost him his hopes and dreams, caused his family and loved ones untold and continuing pain and heartbreak....

Not because of getting the wrong the person....
    But because some scumbag thought they had the right to take someones life in the 1st place.

R.I.P Shane and to your loved ones, I hope that this verdict will open a door on the road to your own coping and healing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Now that the trial is over, does that mean that Google maps will unblur the images of certain houses in the Hyde Road area ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

At one of these times I wish we were american and he got a real life sentence or the injection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Great to see a vile and dangerous thug like Dundon locked up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dudon and clan are utter scum...hopefully that trash April Collins gets hers as well, she let a man die. How long before the gards pull the security detail on her mothers house?....not long i bet, they'll get her...they dont give a feck if she has kids or to what father.

She has now moved on to a convicted rapist...

Now that the trial is over, does that mean that Google maps will unblur the images of certain houses in the Hyde Road area ??

Everyone knows where she lives, she didnt even have the smarts to move house.....:rolleyes:

Sure i see her shopping in Tesco ffs!

gazzer wrote: »
    Bloody Hell. What goes through the mind of somebody like that to behave that way

They have no empathy or conscience.....its the mother i blame, she raised these thugs and never bothered to teach them right and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

How long is life in this case?

Hootanany wrote: »
    How long is life in this case?

Probably 12 years....life never means life in this country, even if they served 25 years that would be ok, i guess, but they dont. But hopefully with it being such high profile he'll be under a meda spotlight if they try to release him early.

lol....the mother has three sons and all are banged up, says everything really......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

TD Naill Collins got his 20 of free election plugging on Liveline today talking about this case and Limerick

Christ that Niall Collins is the biggest ignoramus in the country at the moment!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Then going on about positive Limerick and how sport is binding the city with the Thomand park experience

bigpink wrote: »
    Then going on about positive Limerick and how sport is binding the city with the Thomond park experience

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

F'cker should have been held in contempt of court for that. Ignorant twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Another big win for John Devane, and, we are going to appeal the conviction.
    Don't ya just love Free Legal Aid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

As said here before ....when found guilty, having used legal aid to defend a crime or avoid punishment for a criminal activity....you should get the bill in the post on conviction......or your bill should be left unpaid;).

Legal aid should only be used to promote, protect and financially aid innocent law-abiding people.

jbkenn wrote: »
    Another big win for John Devane, and, we are going to appeal the conviction.
    Don't ya just love Free Legal Aid

Words wouldn't do justice to how I'd love to describe that loathsome character. No more worth the possible infraction here than something I accidentally stepped on in the park, and at that something I'd hold in far more esteem than JD.

His mealy-mouthed "sympathy" to the Geoghegan family both on his own and his 'clients' behalf were particularly galling to listen to on TV last night.

Appeal = €€€€€€€ for Devane......and another opportunity to put the Geoghegan family through yet more trauma on behalf of this no-good scum's campaign for "justice denied". So much for how this type claim to be able to "do this sentence on my back" when in Court but go crying to their taxpayer-funded lawyers like sewer rats as soon as they return to the cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Words wouldn't do justice to how I'd love to describe that loathsome character. No more worth the possible infraction here than something I accidentally stepped on in the park, and at that something I'd hold in far more esteem than JD.

His mealy-mouthed "sympathy" to the Geoghegan family both on his own and his 'clients' behalf were particularly galling to listen to on TV last night.

Appeal = €€€€€€€ for Devane......and another opportunity to put the Geoghegan family through yet more trauma on behalf of this no-good scum's campaign for "justice denied". So much for how this type claim to be able to "do this sentence on my back" when in Court but go crying to their taxpayer-funded lawyers like sewer rats as soon as they return to the cells.

John Devane didn't look very well on RTE news did he. Hope he is ok/

Is there any chance we can refuse to pay our taxes if this is where our money is going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

lol....the mother has three sons and all are banged up, says everything really......

Think there is another son in the UK, not involved in the family business
    John Devane didn't look very well on RTE news did he. Hope he is ok/

Thought that too, he looks quite ill, could be just stress ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is there any chance we can refuse to pay our taxes if this is where our money is going?

You would probably end up in a cell next to Dundon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bigpink wrote: »
    Then going on about positive Limerick and how sport is binding the city with the Thomand park experience
    I'm not from limerick (i did live there) but i hate hearing that line, there are people in Limerick not into sport too!!

I'm not from limerick (i did live there) but i hate hearing that line, there are people in Limerick not into sport too!!

Me too, it's so hackneyed by now I cringe every time I hear it, especially on national media.

Not alone that but it's inevitably trotted out by by local self-styled "celebrities" and politicians like Collins who are hoping to ingrate themselves with the sporting success of people they know nothing about.

Not so many years ago the same people would have stared someone blankly in the face if they asked them for directions to Thomond Park, The Gaelic Grounds or Priory Park. I'd venture to say some still would.

Sorry for wandering off topic there. Needed to get it off my chest after hearing Collins pull out the "sporting capital" b/s line on the Duffy Show yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Probably 12 years....life never means life in this country, even if they served 25 years that would be ok, i guess, but they dont. But hopefully with it being such high profile he'll be under a meda spotlight if they try to release him early.

It'll be 20 years +. His record is awful.

p.s. Mrs. Dundon had 5 sons - Wayne, Ger, Dessie, John, and Kenneth.

Advertisement