Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed - Waiting on Bank

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have a couple of questions with regards to a house we have just gone sale agreed on. The house itself is in essence finished, but it does at this stage require a kitchen, bathroom fittings, carpets and flooring. After paying the deposit on the house the broker has now stated to us that the bank may or may not release the mortgage as the house is technically not finished. At this stage we may have to come to some sort of agreement with the vendor to fit a basic kitchen and maybe one bathroom into the property before the bank releases our mortgage. Has anybody any experience with this? How do the bank usually assess new homes without bathrooms and kitchens and what do they usually expect? It was initially our intention to buy the house and then fit the first stages of a kitchen and a basic en-suite with the guts of a weeks paycheck. The broker has asked us how do we plan on affording this but I would have expected them to understand at this stage that we are still technically being paid on a monthly basis and it's been 2 months since our mortgage application was accpeted.

As per usual when buying a house no-body seems to be doing anything fast and we have been chasing the broker asking them "well where the hell does this stand currently?" "Are the bank going to send somebody out to look at the house?"

Like I said I am just gauging other peoples experience with finished, un-fitted houses and what problems did they encounter along the way?

Advertisement