Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB extension cables For mobile bb

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I need to buy one of these because I live in an area where my signal is rubbish , what's the difference between male to male and male to female leads and which do I need , lastly where can I buy one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

1. For a regular 3G USB dongle you'll need a male to female USB extension cable. Any computer store should have them in stock.

2. USB extensions > 5m do require a signal booster.

3. You're much better off with a mobile WiFi hotspot (all major providers here offer them under various names).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Torqay wrote: »
    1. You'll need a male to female USB extension cable. Any computer store should have them in stock.

2. USB extensions > 5m do require a signal booster.

3. You're much better off with a mobile WiFi hotspot (all major providers here offer them under various names).

What's the range on a hotspot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

How long is a piece of string? ;)

Depends on the building, thickness of walls, etc.

If you only need it at home, you might consider a 3G WLAN router. They have a greater range and also provide for wired LAN connections. To improve the connection quality, they can be used with outdoor aerials.

Advertisement