Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Pair of Tickets to Electric Picnic Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 BaylesOfHay

Michael Jackson side slide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Gotta be the Carlton :D The man's got moves

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Batman Press-Ups
    All day baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martincrehan

I was trying to copy my friend Paul doing an Irish dancing high kick in a nightclub recently and I slipped and fell and cut my elbow and then it got infected and I ended up in hospital! Dance injury fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

My favorite dance move is "The Thom Yorke" 

Takes some practice but its worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Appleteeny

Has to be Air Keyboarding...similar to playing air guitar but with...you know...keyboards. Useful for synthy classics like 'The Final Countdown' or Van Halen 'Jump'. Can be fairly hypnotic if utilised correctly. Use it wisely grasshoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Art Farm

The Worm dance.

An absolute classic that gets you noticed. Its the only way to get the party rockin' and your body poppin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Dubstep robot dance move.

If only I could do it as good as this guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Detective Mittens

Stacking shelves, I even did it professionally for a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Gotta be twerking at the moment!

Its priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MCH123

The High-Five Blink..its where you repeatedly high five the air while blinking continuously ! We used to do it to embarrass a friend who was really serious about dancing :rolleyes:  That or the shoulder dance Will Ferrel did in " A Night at the Roxbury" to What is Love! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

My favorite dance move is the "Fishing rod". One minute I'm doin' my thing and when I see a hot woman, I cast out my rod, and reel her in. Works 100% or the time, some of the time..   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

My favourite dance is la macarena. I performed it in a black tuxedo with a bow tie back when I went to my debs. I also sang the words in Spanish. I think everybody thought I was off my rocker. Well the DJ did anyway. Most underappreciated dance ever. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Has to be the one armed first pump. There's no other 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

electric boogaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Starting the lawnmower!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MisterL

Well well well you are all very lucky because I am going to let you in on a new dance phenomenon that is bound to hit Da Picnic by storm this year. Stay tuned for a video lesson. It's my very own and favourite dance move.......

Here it is...............I call it the Festival Flapper!

http://youtu.be/UUre3oEvZ-s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

A huge fan of the "awkward stand and nod" myself. It's an amazing move, works for all music, any style :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wouldn't want to spill my drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grannysmith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5whaRkuipU

IT'S GOT TO BE THE TRUFFLE SHUFFLE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 grannysmith

KILLER DANCE MOVES! TRUFFLE SHUFFLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lee sharpe after her scored dance- won me a comp in the Gaeltacht 

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I'm not much good at dancing so I would use the non-committal nod. I hold a pint and nod my head to the music.

If I was feeling more adventurous I would go for the copycat. I would copy another dancer who looks like they knew what they were doing,
    If it was going well I would keep dancing, If someone notices what I was at, I would quickly slip back into the non-committal nod.

It has taken 10 years of tap dance and 4 years of ballet but I managed to perfect a dance I call the 'homer dance'. The original artist is performing the dance below. 

homer-floor-run-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deisebouy

The Bez Freaky Dancing dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Big FISH, little fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

[font=arial, sans-serif]It has to be the "Wacky waving inflatable arm flaling tube man" dance move..[/font]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GznhT__PXs

....Not great on a busy dancefloor :D

I was always far too self conscious to dance until one day a wise, dashing and impossibly deep-voiced extra from Lord of the Rings had some inspirational words for me. He told me:
    "You can dance if you want to,
    You can leave your friends behind,
    'Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance
    Then they're no friends of mine"

So I danced . A safety dance. And the rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robcon34

[font=Georgia, serif]Has to be the [/font][font=Georgia, serif]Electric Slide [/font][font=Georgia, serif]mixed with some [/font][font=Georgia, serif]Disco Sway[/font][font=Georgia, serif]:-)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif]If you happened to grow up in the 80's, then you may have been subjected to the Electric Slide..It is essentially the hip version of line dancing for the middle-aged, gentle on the knees, good for the soul and perfect for all the family to enjoy..Body and Soul is going Country and Western for EP!...Mix it up with some DISCO SWAY [/font][font=Georgia, serif]and lets  find our Happy Place![/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 1stemma

This is my favorite dance! If you've seen The Fresh Prince of Bel Air its called 'Jump on it' Have a wee look ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_90RMtpqs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement