Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Pair of Tickets to Electric Picnic Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

If I'm lucky enough to win I'll dance like nobody is watching :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

Jump around like a lunatic !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drumstixx420

Hi everyone,

Dance-fever has a hold of us here at Electric Ireland as we gear up for Electric Picnic, which this year celebrates its 10th birthday. To mark this, we've brought back the inimitable Mr. Motivator, who knows more than a little about moving and grooving and whose energy reserves know no limit, to help launch Dancergy! What is Dancergy? It's our one-of-a-kind digital dance-off featuring... you, the public!

DancergyFBPost1_zps233a2232.jpg

Visit dancergy.ie, upload your moves to Instagram and you'll be in with a chance to win tickets! Now, for those of you who, for whatever reason, won't be using Instagram, we have a pair of tickets put aside just for boards users - to enter, just leave a comment below telling us your favourite dance move! (Optional - regale us with a dance-related tale...)

Whether it's the Moonwalk, the Macarena, or the more modest "just jump around and wave your arms wildly", we'd love to know! And if you can't think of anything or just aren't really sure what dances you like, here's some more ideas: Rock-the-Boat, the Robot, the Twist (think Pulp Fiction), Gangnam Style, the Harlem Shake, Hokey-Pokey, M.C. Hammer's Crab Dance, Carlton's 'Tom Jones'... I could go on, but we'll hand it over to you! :)  

The competition runs until Wednesday 21st August, and the usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!
    My favorite move from the 80's is the "kick worm", although I am no spring chicken anymore I can still "rock" this move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 juliebucd

My favourite type of dance is the "Floating Head Dance", a dance I made up whilst bored in Galway a few years ago. This is me, enjoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7puVEdKIdE  

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drumstixx420

My favorite move from the 80's is the "The Worm"
    , although , I am no spring chicken anymore I can still "rock" this move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RigglesRam

Has to be kicking myself in the head and the based art of cooking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zN6mEQ8m9A

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kheed

Left arm in the air, grab right foot with right hand, convulse entire body erratically and spin anticlockwise, be sure to stare at everyone else intensely with a "check this out" kinda look on your face. It's a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1 missmintydaly

Being a mum iv been working on the "Head shoulders knees & toes" dance with my son, Got it down to a T Now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I'm not much of a dancer. Imagine your elderly uncle shuffling awkwardly from foot to foot & that's me! If I'm particularly adventurous I might throw in some finger pointing. But I love dancing & I don't care if people laugh hysterically at me :D Dancing is food for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

I'm not much of a dancer but it doesn't stop me trying :-P
    I try the 'stack the shelves' and the 'thumb a lift', followed by 'jazzy hands' and last but not least 'lasso'
    Gives everyone else on dance floor a good laugh at least anyway :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 larocks

My husband loves to copy the moves of the people around him!! He's usually quite stiff about it and misses the beats. On most occasions the people try to teach him the moves!! Classic :rolleyes:photo.php?fbid=10150185991913217&set=t.719269836&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

My favorite / most memorable dance from the 80's is tap dancing.
    My da used to play the spoons while I'd be tapping away thinking I was so cool until I busted out my tap moves at the first summer disco I ever went to and lets just say that was the end of my public tap dancing career!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Announcement time!

And the winner of a pair of tickets for this year's Electric Picnic is.... Red_Star with this post!
    Red_Star wrote:

My favorite dance move is "Rock the Boat" ........... dressed as bananas one year for electric picnic and got the whole of Body and Soul doing rock the boat with us :P

267153.jpg

Congratulations Red_Star, and commiserations to everyone else! You've all provided plenty of entertainment and 'food for feet' with your great contributions! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement