Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Pair of Tickets to Electric Picnic Thanks to Electric Ireland!

Options
  • 13-08-2013 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Dance-fever has a hold of us here at Electric Ireland as we gear up for Electric Picnic, which this year celebrates its 10th birthday. To mark this, we've brought back the inimitable Mr. Motivator, who knows more than a little about moving and grooving and whose energy reserves know no limit, to help launch Dancergy! What is Dancergy? It's our one-of-a-kind digital dance-off featuring... you, the public!

DancergyFBPost1_zps233a2232.jpg

Visit dancergy.ie, upload your moves to Instagram and you'll be in with a chance to win tickets! Now, for those of you who, for whatever reason, won't be using Instagram, we have a pair of tickets put aside just for boards users - to enter, just leave a comment below telling us your favourite dance move! (Optional - regale us with a dance-related tale...)

Whether it's the Moonwalk, the Macarena, or the more modest "just jump around and wave your arms wildly", we'd love to know! And if you can't think of anything or just aren't really sure what dances you like, here's some more ideas: Rock-the-Boat, the Robot, the Twist (think Pulp Fiction), Gangnam Style, the Harlem Shake, Hokey-Pokey, M.C. Hammer's Crab Dance, Carlton's 'Tom Jones'... I could go on, but we'll hand it over to you! :)

The competition runs until Wednesday 21st August, and the usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

The Running Man, nearly got into a fight because accidentally hit someone while doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Favourite dance move is definitely the robot and it will be getting an airing at EP if I win. Thank you Flight of the Conchords for introducing me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Stacking the shelves. High probability of accidental face-slapping too

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard box, [font=arial, sans-serif]à la "Kevin and Perri Go Large".[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

The Hucklebuck. No honestly!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My favourite dance move has to be Alfonso Ribeiro and Will Smith's rendition to Apache's "Jump on it"! Never fails to make me laugh and my partner has designated it as his post-shower groove. Very attractive in a towel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭xtal191

I will mash potato all the way to Stradbally for the picnic. Obviously my fav dance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

I like to float from tent to tent and dance like nobodies watching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

The robot definitely! Although I'm a terrible dancer, my favourite memory was waltzing across the venue at Bombay Bicycle Club in the Academy with my girlfriend during Lights Out, Words Gone on Paddys Day! A few people even joined in. Not a bad few moves in the video for the song either. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

The Macarena. Or Saturday Night. My dancing hasn't really progressed since age 10. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

The 'fax machine' by Will ferrel in Superstar with alicia silverstone EPIC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Red_Star

My favorite dance move is "Rock the Boat" ........... dressed as bananas one year for electric picnic and got the whole of Body and Soul doing rock the boat with us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

The lying down dance - what I do when a good song comes on but I'm too lazy to get up off the sofa & dance properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

I like to think that I rock the old-man static footed elbow dancing prittty well, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Robot to "We are the Robots" by Kraftwerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barrynev

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

My favourite dance is undoubtedly the awkward foot shuffle. Sometimes followed by the light head nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The robot for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

The One legged Airplane  (think dancing to The Smiths, The Cure etc ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciarancu

Bez style freaky dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'll go for the robot myself

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

The Dad dance - all elbows and knees, with the odd out of time clap thrown in. 

It may not look cool but damn, it is satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

The "Mow the Lawn" - works every time!!
    Instructions provided below!!

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-%22Lawn-Mower%22-(Dance)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Hi everyone,

Dance-fever has a hold of us here at Electric Ireland as we gear up for Electric Picnic, which this year celebrates its 10th birthday. To mark this, we've brought back the inimitable Mr. Motivator, who knows more than a little about moving and grooving and whose energy reserves know no limit, to help launch Dancergy! What is Dancergy? It's our one-of-a-kind digital dance-off featuring... you, the public!

DancergyFBPost1_zps233a2232.jpg

Visit dancergy.ie, upload your moves to Instagram and you'll be in with a chance to win tickets! Now, for those of you who, for whatever reason, won't be using Instagram, we have a pair of tickets put aside just for boards users - to enter, just leave a comment below telling us your favourite dance move! (Optional - regale us with a dance-related tale...)

Whether it's the Moonwalk, the Macarena, or the more modest "just jump around and wave your arms wildly", we'd love to know! And if you can't think of anything or just aren't really sure what dances you like, here's some more ideas: Rock-the-Boat, the Robot, the Twist (think Pulp Fiction), Gangnam Style, the Harlem Shake, Hokey-Pokey, M.C. Hammer's Crab Dance, Carlton's 'Tom Jones'... I could go on, but we'll hand it over to you! :)  

The competition runs until Wednesday 21st August, and the usual T&Cs apply.

Best of luck!
    The Triple Cartwheel - performed by my husband when he was drunk at a wedding.  Knocked a light fitting and had to pay to get it repaired.  It was worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Definitely the robot

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cartonio

It's just a jump to the left...and then a step to the right
    Put your hands on your hips..you bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane...
    ...let's do the time-warp again!!!

timewarp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

The 'ironic' but not actually so ironic swingy hands dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

My Twerk

Max-Twerk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

My dance moves are original... A mixture of the finger-pointing dance & the Twist :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

I'm a dinger at doin' The Strand - Roxy Music style followed by the "Where's Me Jumper " legs in the air sky shuffle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement