Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on Second Hand Mac Book Pro for Sale

Options
  • 13-08-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A guy I know is selling a Mac Book Pro and I was hoping I could get some advice here on based on the details below:

Mac Book Pro 13 inch(Silver)

2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

8 GB Memory

500 GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9400m Graphics Processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with memory.

Price £700.

I've been studying Graphic Design for the last year and it's become apparent that I will need the Mac use and experience if I am to have any hope of getting a design internship/ job.

Any help or advice on this Mac Book would be much appreciated.

Oh and I need to get back to this guy by tomorrow so I could use advice really quick.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

My two cents would be that you need one of the newer gen processors, i.e. the i5 or i7. Any version of those processors will be far superior to the Core2Duos.

I sold my previous MBP about 6 months ago. It had the same processor as that above and it was very difficult to use for my line of work. Granted I was working with huge files, but still, overall I think that's an extremely short term solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

peejay1986 wrote: »
    My two cents would be that you need one of the newer gen processors, i.e. the i5 or i7. Any version of those processors will be far superior to the Core2Duos.

I sold my previous MBP about 6 months ago. It had the same processor as that above and it was very difficult to use for my line of work. Granted I was working with huge files, but still, overall I think that's an extremely short term solution.

Thanks buddy. I think that's a fair point. £700 is a lot for a short term solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That's very expensive for an old Mac. As above you can get a new one for not much more and if you're in College you can get an Educational Discount of about 15%.

Then there are refurbs:
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Thanks folks. I've taken in all your advice and steered clear. You've all given me some much needed insight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement