Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van conversion & DOE

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I have a VW T5 that's nearing the end of a (long) conversion.

I'm due to bring it for an SQI inspection tomorrow with the two forms, copy of VLC, photos and receipts to go off asap to revenue. I'm really hoping it won't take too long to come through.

My main question at the moment is around the DOE requirements - I know I need to have a test done in order to tax it. In order to test it I need a VLC. As far as I'm aware the taxing of the vehicle is what triggers the issue of the VLC? Therefore I will only have the original van VLC to take to a test centre and this will not match the new details of the vehicle. How is this handled in practice?

Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Ok...a quick update in case anyone has similar queries...

I finally got a hold of someone in the motor tax office. After a bit of back and forth she checked with her supervisor. The process seems to be that you wait until the final update from revenue (VRT office Rosslare) and then bring the current VLC and fill in a change of details form. Once updated (done immediately) this triggers the issue of the new VRC which can then be used to obtain a DOE and, ultimately, motor tax on the camper.

Advertisement