Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some fun original ideas - Adventure race team

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Firstly apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum, I just figured I'd stick it here to get some ideas from seasoned campaigners so to speak.!

Basically a gang of us are doing the Westport Sea to Summit this November. Approx 15 people. It's for my cousins 30th. He is travelling from London and is bringing friends from all over the place.
    Some are competing in the sprint (smaller race) others in the spirit (longer race) with a big party afterwards to celebrate the race and the 30th.
    We are of varying degrees of fitness and ability so it is predominately an excuse to get together to drink pints.
    I only know about 3 of the guys coming but was hoping to do some sort of fun awards night as a surprise for the cousin after the race. Maybe with an adventure race theme, but this is not crucial.
    I was hoping to try to get an award for each competitor - so maybe 15 in total. Ages ranging from 26/27 to 45.

I was thinking along the lines of;

1. The Johnny Vegas Lifetime achievement award for services to adventure racing
    2. Prettiest legs on the mountain award
    3. The Victoria Beckham award for best dressed competitor
    4. Masters winner
    5. Junior winner

If any of you guys have come across anything like this before please share ideas for daft/silly/funny awards I can give out.

All ideas very much appreciated and welcome.!!

Thanks.

Advertisement