Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uploading music to itunes

• 13-08-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have experience uploading music to itunes. Have a charity single all set to go and need some help or advice. I can pm my phone number

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

djman wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience uploading music to itunes. Have a charity single all set to go and need some help or advice. I can pm my phone number

Thanks
    Paul

I've done it. Costs €50 and then they pretty much sell it for whatever's they feel like and give you a cut. Not the way to go for a charity single at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

Holy Crap! I've been on to a company and they'll only take 10% and rest is for charity but lots and lots of paperwork and it'll take up to 4 weeks. Was looking for a quicker way really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Bandcamp is probably a better option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭djman

got sorted thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭garyskeepers

Hey Folks.. Is there any updated info on how to get music on itunes and spotify.. What have you used and what works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

If you use a distributor like Distrokid, they will take care of uploading to all streaming platforms.

Ari Herstand has a good comparison of different distributors, available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deeznuts420

holy necropost Batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

I see you got sorted, but for future readers of the the thread, I think BandCamp really is the way to go for a charity single, whether it's a purely digital release, or you want to sell physical copies also.

We put out a charity album 18 months ago featuring songs from 10 different local artists. We selected the 'pay what you like' option and very many people paid more than our suggested price because it was for charity.

They also have a thing called BandCamp Friday fairly regularly now, which is a 24 hour period during which they waive their fees and all revenue goes to the artist, so a great day to release your song/album.

Advertisement