Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Warden in Douglas

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Quick question - I was just wondering if the Wardens around Douglas check for out of date tax and insurance as well as parking display.

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

Quick question - I was just wondering if the Wardens around Douglas check for out of date tax and insurance as well as parking display.

Thanks
    Barr

Ive seen people get ticketd by on the beat Gardai for out of date tax before, unless the wardnes ring the Gardai I dont think they'll anything other then check your parking is paid for and out around Douglas they're always around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Cheers Gav , as a matter of interest do they issue tickets or do they clamp offending cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Tickets for cars parked without disc. No clamping. They are a private company. APCOA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id say so too they are there to make money not to catch people for tax and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

shezer wrote: »
    Tickets for cars parked without disc. No clamping. They are a private company so I don't think they do tax and insurance checks. APCOA

Plenty of cars get clamped in the car parks around the East Village though and that area has the pay parking as well so I'd presume all the parking in douglas is managed by the same crowd.

• Advertisement

I'm referring to the public roadways. Most of the private car parks do have clamping. Same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I don't think it is a private car park though; specifically the areas I'm talking about are by East Village, La Lavanda, El Vino etc. which includes a small bit of on street parking using the same type of pay points as the rest of Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cartuja

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

Thanks
    Barr

Simple answer - YES

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/786384035.doc

The last page of the document shows where the pay and display is in operation

They do check tax and insurance it seems

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2013/06/11/3500-fines-in-douglas/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

JohnK wrote: »
    Plenty of cars get clamped in the car parks around the East Village though and that area has the pay parking as well so I'd presume all the parking in douglas is managed by the same crowd.

East village is managed by Apcoa i think,

i was there tonight tried parking at 6.30pm found it almost impossible to find a space, i asked in the East village (as i finally parked just in by the back of it) what time did the pay parking finish and he confirmed it was 6.30pm,

at 7.30pm i saw an APCOA van pull into the car park though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hoodwinked wrote: »

i was there tonight tried parking at 6.30pm found it almost impossible to find a space, i asked in the East village (as i finally parked just in by the back of it) what time did the pay parking finish and he confirmed it was 6.30pm,

They usually watch out for people parking in the disabled spots, theres 1 right outside East Village Bar in the small car park to the side and 2 or 3 jotted about the car parks around the East Village itself and you'd be amazed at how many times people get clamped in these spots, tats coming from my buddy who lives out there.

While I dispise clampers, when it comes to people parking in disabled spots there is a case to be made for it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

hoodwinked wrote: »

Maybe you should park in mcdonalds,i was there on mon evening and 3 cars parked there and occupants went off out the gate,nearly had a guy into me another night driving in against the one way in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ofcork wrote: »
    Maybe you should park in mcdonalds,i was there on mon evening and 3 cars parked there and occupants went off out the gate,nearly had a guy into me another night driving in against the one way in there.

erm no,

a: i am not in the habit of taking up spaces to businesses i'm not frequenting

and

b: thats probably where the clamping van was coming from, they call them whenever customers complain about east village people parking there as their parking is so busy at times as is,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apcoa dont do mcds its ncps and im not advocating parking there when not doing business there,its just everytime im there you can see it going on.

Advertisement