Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when your artist goes AWOL

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Ive been getting a large piece done for the last two years... Yep two years. l I have over 30 hours in there were a few 8/ 7 hour sessions and only two or three 3 hours. Its basically a half back with a chest piece and 1/4 sleeve. It still looks a fair way off tbh. The artist in question (whom i may ad I have stuck with after he left his studio) now has stopped returning any correspondence to me. We did not have an argument or anything like that. On my last appointment he just cancelled on me that morning ( not the first time this happened) and has not got back to me, that was over a month ago. I have tried to contact him several different ways too I.E Facebook Google talk text and call. So now I am in a pickle. I have made an appointment with Atilla in wild cat Stephens green to have a look see. but perhaps anyone would have a recommendation for a continuing artist. it is a Japanese dragon with a Bio mec twist. I'm reasonably happy with the work so far bar some color on the head but this can be easily gone over.

Needless to say I have spent a fair few quid on this as the original studio wasn't cheap either.

I have sent for a booking with white dragon and am awaiting a booking. I have no problem waiting on the booking with them as I have an overall ideal for a full back piece that this is only a part of. I'm only looking for this piece to be completed.

Who would you recommend for such a piece? or am I on the rite track with Atilla?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I'm not naming the original studio or artist as I don't know what the situation is and I don't believe in trashing someones name when I don't have all the facts. However I am not pleased to say the least :(

Advertisement