Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank draft/gift cheque

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

went into the bank today to get a bank draft for a wedding present. I was told they they no longer do bank drafts or gift cheques for less than €500
    this is really annoying as i dont want to write a cheque for this as it could be cashed at a time that im not expecting it to be cashed.
    what a joke 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi JAMM222.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You are indeed correct. The issuing of both Euro and Foreign drafts for amounts less than €500 is no longer a facility we offer. This procedure is in place since October 2012.

As you would prefer not to write a cheque, you do have the option to transfer the funds directly to them using Banking365.

We hope this is a suitable alternative for you.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Hi JAMM222.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You are indeed correct. The issuing of both Euro and Foreign drafts for amounts less than €500 is no longer a facility we offer. This procedure is in place since October 2012.

As you would prefer not to write a cheque, you do have the option to transfer the funds directly to them using Banking365.

We hope this is a suitable alternative for you.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura
    thanks for getting back to me but that isnt a solution, its hardly appropriate to ask someone for their bank account details so you can give them a wedding present. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

We cannot offer other alternatives here but if you maybe call your branch or Banking 365, a representative, they can see if there is any other options you could use.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

We cannot offer other alternatives here but if you maybe call your branch or Banking 365, a representative, they can see if there is any other options you could use.

Thanks
    Linda
    I already called into the branch, there are no alternatives, why would i waste my time going back in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rockyVII

The same thing happened to me, it is very frustrating. 

But I called into my post office and they did a postal order for me. It's pretty much the same thing. I hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement