Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap TT bike - worth a punt?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Came across Ribble's configurator for their base TT bike. Upgraded to SRAM Apex and including pedals it comes close to my bike-to-work budget. I was asking on Cycling about Canyon or Rose road bikes when I was suggested the Ribble alternative. I cycle strictly for Tri training.
    So is a TT bike at this level as waste of time - should I stick to a road bike at this budget? I have an old steel roadbike I've used thus far so anything is an improvement.

Pretty shiney thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Have a look in Wheel worx, they have a sale on at the moment and some great deals on TT bikes. Was in there over the weekend and there's still some left. At least you'll get an idea for sizing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

What big mce said.

In there yesterday myself and found it very hard to walk away from all those lovely shiny tri bikes.

Some serious bargains to be had.

Advertisement