Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pest Control Dublin City?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone have any recommendations for pest control in Dublin?

Have a problem with furry visitors so am curious to know if anyone has had any success with exterminators before!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I assume you mean you have rats or mice? If its mice just get traps from a hardware(cheaper and logical opinion). However with rats the proper traps are expensive and a pest control company might be worthwhile.

TBH its very early for rodents in Dublin. They generally only appear after the first frost when the heating goes on. Any hole the diameter of bic will allow them to get in. Block you any holes around pipes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rentokil were very professional and effective at ridding me of an ant problem. I'd say they're just as good at larger creatures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 keithmaw

There is Onguard pest control too there in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Ecolab is another pest control company based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Get a Cat

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

uch wrote: »
    Get a Cat

Rub a cloth around its 'nether regions' & leave the cloth where you think that they are entering the house or nesting. The scent will frighten them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Rub a cloth around its 'nether regions' & leave the cloth where you think that they are entering the house or nesting. The scent will frighten them off.

:eek:

Ecolab are a good company if you have other animals around. A mate who works for the gassed an army of ants in my old kitchen without harming my birds.

I am catching mice at the rate of one a night in my room, and we have a little friend who does a round of the sitting room every night. I've named him. Our house is falling down around our ears though, we'd never keep them out. Snap traps are effective, once you get over the ickiness of taking the dead mouse out of the trap. Three dogs in situ, and my mother had to adopt my old cat off me last time I moved, a cat isn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Truthtoise

They say they will run cameras through drains etc, you have to pay in advance and then they say the cameras were not necessary, when it insisted, they want to charge me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Please do not sign up just to badmouth a company and please do not bump up old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement