Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Printer won't work, possible to fix myself?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Hope someone can help. My Canon MP282 had an 02 error code, something stuck in printer. I got the offending article out, but it still won't load the paper. It grabs the paper, creases the bottom of the paper in the middle, then stops and goes back to the error code with the orange light under the triangle on.

There's nothing left blocking it in there, it's all totally clear, but it still says "Out of Paper, load Paper and press Start". Can anyone suggest anything else I might to do to fix this, or do I need to take it to someone to look at, is it damaged from the obstructing object?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

Did the offending article come out smoothly or was there a bit of pulling involved? If so a sensor or part of the paper mechanism may be damaged.

After that, there may be something sticky in the paper path, or, despite appearances, there may still be something in the paper path.

Bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

BillG wrote: »
    Did the offending article come out smoothly or was there a bit of pulling involved? If so a sensor or part of the paper mechanism may be damaged.

After that, there may be something sticky in the paper path, or, despite appearances, there may still be something in the paper path.

Bill

No it fell right out. It's slightly possible that some bit of it left a sticky patch, is there any way for me to sort this myself if this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

Possibly, most printers have good access to the paper path so that you can clean and remove obstacles. I haven't seen the MP282 but I understand it is an inkjet. That being the case you could also check the cartridge carriage and make sure nothing is protruding from it that is interfering with the paper as it is loaded.

Thanks. I've been doing my best for the last two hours to mess with this and fix it and getting nowhere. Was hoping it might work once I got the bit out, have a lot of things to print this week!

I don't know if this is progress or not but half a sheet just went through, the other side got stuck. So it must have actually caught it this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement