Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic Army Sportline AK-47 jamming

• 13-08-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

There was a clicking sound when you try to fire along with the battery heating up. Upon researching this problem. Many solutions pointed towards lifting the anti-reversal latch which i did. The pressure was released and i put everything back together. But the same problem consists.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    There was a clicking sound when you try to fire along with the battery heating up. Upon researching this problem. Many solutions pointed towards lifting the anti-reversal latch which i did. The pressure was released and i put everything back together. But the same problem consists.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check your motor height isn't set too high. If you opened the gearbox maybe you put something back incorrectly? There could be something in the gearbox that shouldn't be there?
    Is the gun old or is it used much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Check your motor height isn't set too high. If you opened the gearbox maybe you put something back incorrectly? There could be something in the gearbox that shouldn't be there?
    Is the gun old or is it used much?

I haven't opened the gearbox or moved anything. I just fished in and lifted the lever. Its old but hasn't been used much. First time i used it in a long time.

I haven't opened the gearbox or moved anything. I just fished in and lifted the lever. Its old but hasn't been used much. First time i used it in a long time.

Check the motor and all the connections if you can. The motor is obviously drawing power from the battery but something is stopping the motor from turning. If your able to ,take out the motor and try running it by itself, a 9V battery and some wire would do. If the motor works you might have to open the gearbox up or get it opened by someone if you aren't too sure how.
    Also check that the motor connections are in the right terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Check the motor and all the connections if you can. The motor is obviously drawing power from the battery but something is stopping the motor from turning. If your able to ,take out the motor and try running it by itself, a 9V battery and some wire would do. If the motor works you might have to open the gearbox up or get it opened by someone if you aren't too sure how.
    Also check that the motor connections are in the right terminals.

The motor works fine. Spinning at full speed. So it must be something with the gearbox.

The motor works fine. Spinning at full speed. So it must be something with the gearbox.

If your able to, open it up and inspect everything. If you can't see anything maybe put up a picture and someone else might see something that you might have missed, other than that you could have it checked by one of the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Your motor could be having issues under load - spinning freely is stress free for a motor, so I wouldn't clear it just yet. I would however point the finger at one of the electrical components; battery or trigger contacts. It sounds like power is cutting out just when you need it most, which would suggest blackened contacts. Not 100%, but definitely a possibility.

To eliminate as many variables, test on a different battery, and different motor

Advertisement