Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a poor child stuck in the middle

Options
  • 13-08-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Im not divorced or seperated but it has to do with custody of a child so I wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if its in the wrong spot just thought this thread would know how to help me best.

Ok, long story short, I have a 9 month old daughter and her father who I never married is in the US army stationed in Germany. Though he has signed the birth certificate, he has no form of guardianship over her. In order to get housing, he had the army legal team draw up a form stating that he will get 51% of custody. He told me it wasn't legally binding so I signed it. [i have the emails to prove it]

Well things have gone horrible and he is now telling me that the form I signed is legally binding and he is going to try and take her away from me. All this because he wasnt paying me child support so I went down to file. Can he legally take her from me even if he doesn't have any rights here in Ireland? The child in question is not a US citizen but an irish one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Go to a solicitor quick. If you cannot afford one go to your local FLAC. The number for it can be found in the book or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - I am moving this to the parenting forum however as you seem to be seeking legal advice I am unsure if it is acceptable even in this forum. The mods here will review and advise - if allowed they will open the thread, if not then per the advise above please seek legal advise immediately, ensure you bring all communications with you.
    Unfortunately though S&D is definitely not the right forum.

Apologies
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi OP,
    As per the above, legal advice is not permitted on this forum. My advice for you is to instruct a solicitor immediately. Apply for legal aid if you are entitled to it.

I'm sorry but we cannot give you any more advice than this.

January

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement