Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy Power to Sponsor Farnborough F.C.

• 13-08-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

Paddy Power up to their old tricks at Farnborough.

"The players of the Skrill Conference South side have all changed their names by Deed Poll to those of the greatest footballers to have graced a football pitch. From Gordon Banks in goal to Zinedine Zidane, Pele, Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona outfield. Of course John Terry has gotten in on the action just in case they win something. Even team manager Spencer Day is getting in on the fun and will now stalk the sidelines under his new moniker, José Mourinho."

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/08/1.../?AFF_ID=16561

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/229595.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Probably won't get the clearance but job done for Paddy Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I actually feel sick at the thought of it. **** Paddy Power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think it's bloody brilliant.

Where else will I get to see Zidane, Pele, Maradonna and Messi on the same team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

CSF wrote: »
    I actually feel sick at the thought of it. **** Paddy Power.

It's a bit of fun. They changed the ground name to paddy power park and the names are probably just a novelty that will stop after a game or two. Their social media will be funny for a while. More importantly, their money has saved a club on the brink. Good all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The scoresheet of their first match report will be lolz

3-0

Zidane (33)
    Pele (43)
    Messi (90+1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I despise PP with a passion.

Just had to say it.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's a bit of fun.
    Nothing irks me more than when this response is trotted out in relation to something being stupid or ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stinks of crass paddy power marketing

I despise PP with a passion.

Just had to say it.
    Agreed, but will I be taking advantage of their money back on first goalscorer bets if the favourite doesn't win? Yup. I most certainly will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Pele" used to play for fulham and was jailed for money-laundering last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

And people say top level football has lost its soul.

Legally changing your name for a bit of extra dosh is pathetic imo but each to their own.

Advertisement