Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannonball run Limerick visit *Mod warning Post 84 *

• 13-08-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this. Rumour has it will bring over 10 million euro to the city! Forget M&S! :D
    LIMERICK’S streets will roar with the sound of finely tuned engines as 160 of the finest cars on the planet pass through the city for the Cannonball 2013.

The event, the largest organised road trip in Europe, will pass through Limerick on Saturday, August 24 and feature the world’s top brands including, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Porsche, Masseratti, Rolls Royce and Bentley.

The procession will arrive into the city around 6pm and stop in the Pery Square area to allow people to get up close and personal with drivers, celebrities and, of course, the cars themselves.

The event is the the brainchild of AB Signs proprietor, Alan Bannon, and is now in its fifth year having already raised nearly€500,000 for children’s charities, and this year will support the Laura Lynn Children’s Hospice Foundation.

The parade will overnight in Limerick and feature over 50 supercars coming from as far as Italy, Germany, US, UK, Monaco, Russia, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands in this very special year of The Gathering.

“Cannonball 5 is set to be one of the most spectacular events of 2013,” said Don O’Neil of Manhattan Popcorn, main sponsor of the Cannonball event.

“We are very proud to be part of this exhilarating event and to help raise funds for LauraLynn,” he added.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/cannonball-revved-up-to-roar-through-limerick-1-5378588

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

Mc Love wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Rumour has it will bring over 10 million euro to the city! Forget M&S! :D

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/cannonball-revved-up-to-roar-through-limerick-1-5378588

Should be a good event and certainly worthy of a visit.

PS - the old "worth 10 million to the City" sound bite has been flogged to death at this stage and to be honest not even remotely funny anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sully777 wrote: »
    Should be a good event and certainly worthy of a visit.

PS - the old "worth 10 million to the City" sound bite has been flogged to death at this stage and to be honest not even remotely funny anymore.

Maybe to you - I still think its funny as it is still used for certain events :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should be some very nice metal on display.

Gonna bring in the good camera for it, hope the weather stays good!

Thanks! Will have to trek in to get a look at this

Semi final this weekend,

Shiny, loud, expensive vroom vroom day next weekend,

Electric picnic the weekend after,

August is a good month! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Sounds awesome, must get to this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Mr Heavy

Mod Post: This forum must be just as bad, because you just had your access to it taken for seven days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Can`t wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mr Heavy wrote: »
    Mod Edit:

Yes because wheels only get robbed in Limerick right? :rolleyes:

Here's a bigger brush for your sweeping statement.

Bumping this as its closer to the date and incase anyone forgot about it!

• Advertisement

Bumping this as its closer to the date and incase anyone forgot about it!

Mc Love, where and what time is this on?

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Mc Love, where and what time is this on?

read the original post - its right there for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

150 super cars?

Maybe 149, saw two in Galway today. A Lamborghini and a 9 year old BMW 6 series. Not an M6. Which is not the super car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

3 of these cannonball w*nkers passed me on the motorway coming back to Limerick earlier. I was in a 60mph zone coming out of Dublin. They passed, must have been doing at least 100mph. Pr1cks of the highest order.
    These cannonball d1cks are mainly rich toffs using Europe's roads as their playground. I would laugh if Limerick lived up to the sterotype for once and their cars are robbed and burned out.
    W*nkers.
    Worst case scenario is a bunch of them will end up driving into a tree or a wall. Best case scenario is nobody else will get injured because of them.:mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sound like total knobs!Would be great if someone recorded them acting in a dangerous manner and said it to the organisers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Pity Munster are playing in Thomond Park at this exact time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

seachto7 wrote: »
    3 of these cannonball w*nkers passed me on the motorway coming back to Limerick earlier. I was in a 60mph zone coming out of Dublin. They passed, must have been doing at least 100mph. Pr1cks of the highest order.
    These cannonball d1cks are mainly rich toffs using Europe's roads as their playground. I would laugh if Limerick lived up to the sterotype for once and their cars are robbed and burned out.
    W*nkers.
    Worst case scenario is a bunch of them will end up driving into a tree or a wall. Best case scenario is nobody else will get injured because of them.:mad::mad:

Happened me last year - so dangerous...im pretty sure i even posted about it here. reckless mid-life crisis men in expensive cars.

Hopefully someone reported them. I seriously hope their cars get burned out. Arrogant d1ckheads...

Ye sound jealous lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Ye sound jealous lads!

was thinking the same myself.

• Advertisement

Jealous? How would I be jealous of someone doing over 100mph on a 60mph zone? That's just being a wa*nker. If you call that jealous, you need your head examined.

Jealous? How would I be jealous of someone doing over 100mph on a 60mph zone? That's just being a wa*nker. If you call that jealous, you need your head examined.

Like no one ever went over 60 in a 60 zone!

grow up!

eh? So you think it's alright to go over 100mph in a busy 60mph zone coming out of Dublin just because you have a souped up car? (or a small d1ck)

eh? So you think it's alright to go over 100mph in a busy 60mph zone coming out of Dublin just because you have a souped up car? (or a small d1ck)

I have zero prob with this, I do 80/90 in a crap car! they are lucky they have good cars to do it in!

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I have zero prob with this, I do 80/90 in a crap car! they are lucky they have good cars to do it in!

You're missing the point. I don't care if they had a formula 1 car to do it in.
    Everyone goes over the limit, but they were driving recklessly, busy traffic on a Friday, and these wa*kers, because there is no other word for them, driving at over 100mph. If you fail to see what's wrong, I'd hate to meet you on the road in your crap car going 90... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're missing the point. I don't care if they had a formula 1 car to do it in.
    Everyone goes over the limit, but they were driving recklessly, busy traffic on a Friday, and these wa*kers, because there is no other word for them, driving at over 100mph. If you fail to see what's wrong, I'd hate to meet you on the road in your crap car going 90... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I get where your coming from, but I do not care if they were doing 150mph, as alot of ppl would not!

To stop the back and forth, I really do get where your from..

if they passed me by at speed i`d be in danger of crashing looking at them class care!...

I dunno, that's where I differ I suppose. A car to me is like a central heating burner in a house. You put fuel in it, it starts up, makes a noise and does its job.

I dunno, that's where I differ I suppose. A car to me is like a central heating burner in a house. You put fuel in it, it starts up, makes a noise and does its job.

LOL....i defo see where you are coming from!...if you have no interest they they would be a pain for sure!..i love them, and would travel to see them!....

Well, I will admit they were seriously nice cars, but they were taking the pi55!! :/

• Advertisement

Well, I will admit they were seriously nice cars, but they were taking the pi55!! :/

I bet they were class no doubt!....have to take my camera with me. Make out like its mine to sum silly people!...:D

Advertisement