Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Carberry Roto Composter?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Apologies if this has already been discussed, haven't been able to find any reference to it here.

I need a faster, more secure (from vermin) and neater compost bin than my old homemade one (made with free pallets) and I was looking at these Carberry Roto Composters, made in Clonakilty, costs about €100.

Has anyone used one? Any thoughts? Alternatives I could consider? Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

TOO SMALL

Not checked your links but I gave one a good look over that had the name label the same as your post on it and thought it would only be of any good in a small garden.

Build quality like most of their stuff was excellent but I just couldn't see how a compost tumbler that small would be of much use?

Edit

Checked your link and it was the one I was looking at, beautifully made but still think it is too small at 200l, now I was thinking in terms of putting grass cuttings in it so if that's not in your master plan then it might be OK. Screw lid also has quite a small opening not one again thinking of grass cuttings that would make for easy tipping the grass out of a grass box into.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Holyharry

I was wondering about that, but thought maybe the quicker composting time would mean you wouldn't need as much volume.

Advertisement