Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft ThinkTank

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

So while the rest of us waiting for the much delayed conference final:eek: and SB to be played, lets start the Draft musings!

I'm picking 6th, just outside the Top 5, which is gonna be a dilemma for me.

My thinking is that the Packers, 9ers, Hawks, Broncos go 1-4 with maybe the Redskins or Falcons going 5th.

I have to hope that one of the top 4 don't get snapped up, otherwise do I go for the best team available or pull a wild card?

Patriots would have been a viable choice before the Hernandez case and Gronk's injury but they are too much of a unknown quantity.

Enjoyed playing as the Redskins offline, but they are shaky at WR and CB.

Eagles? Giants? Lions? Chiefs? Saints?

So many choices!

And with the league currently at 26 members most of the returning crew will get decent teams. No Jags, Raiders and Bills for people :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    So while the rest of us waiting for the much delayed conference final:eek: and SB to be played, lets start the Draft musings!

My thinking is that the Packers, 9ers, Hawks, Broncos go 1-4 with maybe the Redskins or Falcons going 5th.

I have to hope that one of the top 4 don't get snapped up, otherwise do I go for the best team available or pull a wild card?

Patriots would have been a viable choice before the Hernandez case and Gronk's injury but they are too much of a w No Jags, Raiders and Bills for people :D

No raiders...I think it's only fair someone takes on that horrible role, I suffered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Enjoyed playing as the Redskins offline, but they are shaky at WR and CB.

Eagles? Giants? Lions? Chiefs? Saints?
    And with the league currently at 26 members most of the returning crew will get decent teams. No Jags, Raiders and Bills for people :D

A lot of disrespect for the AFC in the post :mad:

NFC sucks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Honestly i think someone in the top 7 will take a punt on the Pats..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Honestly i think someone in the top 7 will take a punt on the Pats..

Not so sure, terrible defense (well not awful but not great either), Receivers aren't up to much really, Brady on the verge of retirement, Gronk is great but does he overcome all the other problems.
    Having said that they won't get past Dave if they fall that far.

Have to do up a mock draft once I get a bit of time, now that the order is finalized,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think the top five will be 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens and Redskins, in whatever order.

My reasoning would be that the 49ers and Seahawks seem to be the two best teams in the game so should go in the top five, Packers are right up there, Mike will pick the Ravens and Pudsy said last year from what I remember, that he was really considering the Redskins with his #2 pick, so I think he'll take them this year with RGIII being even better.

After that, teams like Falcons, Patriots, Broncos and Texans will go, and Heli will round out the top 10 by taking his Titans. Then it's impossible to call really, apart from Berty taking his Jets.

With pick #22 I'm hoping to pick up a good project team with some decent cap space in the coming seasons. Rams, Vikings, Chiefs, Browns for example. I'd much rather take a team like that than one like the Cowboys, Lions or Steelers who have better rosters but not as much opportunity to build.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'd say that might be the top 5 too,the Pats and the Broncos might drop with Manning/Brady/Bailey retiring in season 2 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

4630727+_2479cfecf4eca8601df67c0164d23649.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Choices, choices, choices :D

I know who I'm picking anyway!

Carroller wrote: »
    Choices, choices, choices :D

I know who I'm picking anyway!

49ers all day long I'd imagine? I've been playing with them in the demo and they are excellent. Kaepernick, Gore, Davis and Boldin is a scary offense and their defense is just as good. I was running with Ray Rice earlier and I thought Patrick Willis decapitated him with a hit :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »
    Mike will pick the Ravens

Ravens?

But will Ray Rice suit my power run game?

Dunno. Run T-Rich behind Joe Thomas and it's a mighty sight!

Decisions, Decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

How are the Eagles looking, hopefully alot better then they are in real life at the minute.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens?

But will Ray Rice suit my power run game?

Dunno. Run T-Rich behind Joe Thomas and it's a mighty sight!

Decisions, Decisions

I just don't think you will be able to resist taking your own team Mike :)

Even if you didn't think they would fit your style, picking at #2 you will have one of Frank Gore or Marshawn Lynch on the board to choose from. Either the 49ers or the Seahawks has to be a far more attractive proposition than rebuilding the Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

With having the 4th pick I fear the 49ers/ravens won't make it out of the top 3... Can't see mike passing on ravens, or Ali passing on 9ers for that matter but maybe he wants a change this year ;-)
    No idea who carroller might pick...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I cant see the niners or seahawks falling to three. They play in the same division giving me the best position pick of the draft.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hawks might fall to 3 if Mike takes the Ravens,Packers to go at 4 maybe?

Shure Mike you could always trade for T-rich and Joe Thomas if you really want them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

How are the Eagles looking, hopefully alot better then they are in real life at the minute.

According to madden school, they will have great speed offense and shocking defense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

According to madden school, they will have great speed offense and shocking defense

Nothing new there then :D

And going by their preseason this is true to life!

Also according to madden tips top 5 teams are-
    5- Vikings (Peterson is supposed to be unstoppable with this new free running)

4- Ravens

3- Packers

2- Seahawks

1- 9ers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Paully D wrote: »
    49ers all day long I'd imagine?:

Yup, but not even because they are the top rated in the game but I just love the speed of kappernick he may get me out of a few pickles :) love the play style of the 9ers in M13 and they look even better in M25

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    Yup, but not even because they are the top rated in the game but I just love the speed of kappernick he may get me out of a few pickles :) love the play style of the 9ers in M13 and they look even better in M25

Yeah, I'd definitely be taking them too if I was you. A very enjoyable team to play with given you can do so many different things with the Kaepernick/Gore combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'm picking 11. Unfortunately I don't think the Falcons will fall that far. I can see myself picking the Bears or Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Also according to madden tips top 5 teams are-
    5- Vikings (Peterson is supposed to be unstoppable with this new free running)

4- Ravens

3- Packers

2- Seahawks

1- 9ers

I'm on PS3 so won't be involved in the boards league but I do be following this thread, why such little love for the texans? I'd take them at 5 over the vikings. I know in real life they won't win any play off games (unless they face the bengals), but they are surely gonna be good in madden? They are gonna run the ball well with foster, a much better qb in schaub with talent to throw to and good o line. And a more balanced defense, with a beast like watt up front, the best defensive player in the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, it's all subjectve, Texans are one of 3 or 4 teams I really like for this version,

I'm a giants fan so I'm completely neutral, but for some reason I take the Texans in the top 5 easily

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tg, are you doubt to join our league?

Falcons went at 11 in the pro

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I'm picking 11. Unfortunately I don't think the Falcons will fall that far. I can see myself picking the Bears or Lions.

Dont think the lions will fall to 11 Gatsby! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Having played a bit with the Jags, I would happily take them in the franchise again if I had a late-ish pick. The defence looks awful on paper but it's very young and Cyprien and Gratz in particular are beasts, and the offence is very usable apart from Blaine Gabbert, but rookie QB Matt Scott can run the option really well and isn't the worst passer.

That said, at #20, I won't be picking them :p

Tg, are you doubt to join our league?

Falcons went at 11 in the pro

Would only I'm on PS3 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

tgdaly wrote: »
    Would only I'm on PS3 :(

Xbox one when you change....you know you want to.

Advertisement