Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad smell in East Clare.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Davy has told the hurling squad that they're not allowed to change their underwear until they win the all-Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If it Shannon counts as East Clare, I can conform the smell is horrible. Very eggy the last couple of evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

MarkR wrote: »
    If it Shannon counts as East Clare, I can conform the smell is horrible. Very eggy the last couple of evenings.

Yes, noticed it on Saturday around Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

So...many.....Timmy Dooley jokes.........AARGHHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Rotten eggs is exactly what it smelt like around Bunratty/Shannon last week. Sulphuric.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Rotten eggs is exactly what it smelt like around Bunratty/Shannon last week. Sulphuric.

This smell has been coming and going for years. Some people blame a chemical plant in the industrial estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It's Chemifloc, for clarity.

[-0-] wrote: »
    It's Chemifloc, for clarity.

That's the one that's blamed, but didn't the EPA test it and found no issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Happened to be driving around the Shannon town towards Limerick area today, late morning, and noticed a very unpleasant smell. To me, it was like a bad drains/sewage type 'pong'. If that's of any help!

• Advertisement

It smells awful right now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr. G wrote: »

Doesn't read like there is much cooperation between CCC & EPA .... and the EPA 'assuring' people without knowing the cause is a bit hard to take.

They might be right ...... then again ......
    Clare County Council has refuted the EPA's suggestion that a persistant smell in Shannon is caused by sewerage.
    EPA Enforcement Officer Peter Cunningham said preliminary investigations have found that the smell is coming through sewerage infrastructure in the town.

So if it is not caused by sewage, but is coming through the sewage pipes etc, what could be the cause?

How do they know it is not harmful? A guess? An assumption?

This is being dragged out too long for comfort ..... they both need to get their respective fingers out .....

Should we all have a synchronised flush of the toilets? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Should we all have a synchronised flush of the toilets? :)

3...2...1...GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

I work in Shannon and it smells like Sewerage and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Smelled it one day going through the toll bridge coming home from Limerick. Smell reminded me of cabbage. As Tommy Tiernan says 'Cabbage smells like death!'.

Advertisement