Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday 2 Released

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Suprised to not see a post about this on boards.ie but Payday 2 is finally released today on PC with console versions coming in the next few days. Anyone getting it or already got it on PC? I've had it a few days now as am doing review and can't recommend it enough. Wouldn't mind getting a few boardies together to go do a few heists.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It looks fantastic, been following it for a while.

I fully intended to get it as it's only £22 on amazon for xbox but gameplay videos have put me off though , and not because they are bad quite the opposite, I'd be playing on xbox and don't know anyone getting it so that would leave me with AI and randoms, both of which are not suited to this kind of game :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I have it, will add you to my friends list if you give us your steam name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Wow this is a surprise, I didn't think it was for another two weeks. Downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Added you there.. if any ones around for a few games tonight add me piercea1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah I have it, will add you to my friends list if you give us your steam name.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pallytime1990/

that's my profile so go ahead. won't be playing tonight as the missus is probably going into labor if the night continues the way it's going

EJ22 wrote: »

that's my profile so go ahead. won't be playing tonight as the missus is probably going into labor if the night continues the way it's going

Well that's a good enough reason not to play ... Hope everything goes grand for her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

EJ22 wrote: »

whippiiiiisssssshhhh

Ah in all seriousness, good luck!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not bothering with Payday 2 after 1 was extremely glitchy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was actually going to start a thread this morning but I was too busy playing the game :pac:

Had the beta for a while and got a good crack at it with the 7 heists that were on it so bought it the second it came out this morning.

If you liked the 1st one you'll definitely like this one more as Overkill pretty much improved on everything that was good about the 1st, added 30 heists (some that are of multiple levels, or days as they're called) and expanded on how heists play out everytime, how you can take them on.

Only problem with today's launch was that is was unbelievably buggy where it crashed after a heist or it would CTD when joining a Pro heist (tougher ones), something related to Steam or it's overlay at the moment. Very annoying when it happened after we'd complete a heist on max difficulty after 30 minutes and lose all the loot and XP, making the whole thing a complete waste of time.

Launch hiccups really as I found nothing wrong with the beta itself and the game itself runs fine, for the most part.

It's great when you have the right team and a heist goes swimmingly well, like robbing a jewelry store without having to fire a single shot. One heist you have to cook meth, if someone screws it up the make shift lab explodes and you have to flee which in turns changes how the rest of the missions in the heist go (You don't have meth to trade with a gang who then fire upon you)

Well recommend it anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Duggy747 wrote: »
    One heist you have to cook meth, if someone screws it up the make shift lab explodes and you have to flee which in turns changes how the rest of the missions in the heist go (You don't have meth to trade with a gang who then fire upon you).

This sounds worth it just to play that mission and pretend you're Heisenberg!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not bothering with Payday 2 after 1 was extremely glitchy for me.

Likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So cheapest place to get this is Greenman gaming? that 20% code works on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kaimeire on steam; could do with some more friends to play it with.

I like the multi day heists.

Loading between heists can be slow, "waiting for server"....but I played a good few rounds yday with some randomers and had great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn it, 20% off does not work on PAYDAY 2 :(.

any one on tonight ???

Advertisement