Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for a place in Cork that allows pets

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

so I think the title is self-explanatory. I own a 1 year old cat, she's very well behaved (worst thing she does is climbing curtains but I'm teaching her not to do it). Currently I live in a flat and the lease will end on September, so I'm looking for another place.

The thing is, I can't find much places that allows pets. I've created email alerts, I've emailed a lot of people but no answer (maybe I should call instead of emailing?)

Any tips/help? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I personally wouldnt bother emailing about lettings; if Im interested in a place Ill pick up the phone and ask the questions I want over the phone.

Dont bother searching specifically for lettings that allow pets either; chances are many landlords wont tick the Allow Pets box, but might be open to the idea when you talk to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

What is it with people e-mailing to ask questions, rather than picking up a phone??

I agree with Djimi. I moved here with a 14 yo cat. Didn't tell the LL I had him until he had been here three months. Once he was satisfied the cat didn't do any damage, then it was fine. Cat has since passed, and we now have a dog. No problems whatsoever. Dog isn't a chewer, and the place is kept in good nick.

I'd speak to the LL. Offer a pet deposit (maybe another month's rent on top).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carlab_ie

Thanks for the tips Djimi, they have been working. :)

ABajaninCork: I just hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate speaking on the phone, I'm incredibly shy and I'd be happy if there's an email option.

I know. My husband doesn't like to make business calls. I was never great either. But I HAD to learn!! Mind you - this was in the prehistoric age before internet and mobiles...

Practice speaking in front of a mirror. I find it always helps if I write down what I want to say first, if the call is a business one, it's easier to cover everything you want to ask if you have a list in front of you.

You have a goal in mind. You want to find a place that will allow you to have a cat. It's far easier and QUICKER if you call! :) You can't rely on an e-mail. EA's aren't great at answering them as you've discovered to your cost. They are far more responsive if you call!

I've been ringing but not much luck... One agent asked me if I had a car because it would be impossible to find a place in City Centre that allows pets. Thanks for the discrimination!

And the hunt goes on...

• Advertisement

Are these two any good to you, OP?

I don't know what your budget is, but have assumed E750 max. Both will allow pets.

My max budget is 700e. I've already contact these agents.

Advertisement