Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take cash to clear?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, 

I lodged 350 cash into my account today and need to transfer it into another account to pay a bill. I was just wondering whether it takes cash a few days to clear or will it be ready for transfer straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is the bank it's going to the same as you put the money into, or a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

If it was lodged with a teller the cash should be there immediatley. If a deposit by envelope it should be close of business today.

If it's not there now I'd get straight in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rockyVII

the_syco wrote: »
    Is the bank it's going to the same as you put the money into, or a different one?
    I'm not sure, it doesn't say. I think it's a paypal type thing I pay with online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rockyVII,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As correctly mentioned above, if you lodged the cash with a cashier in one of our branches, the funds should have been available immediately. If you requested a credit transfer from another bank, you would need to check with them when you can expect to receive the funds into your account with us.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement